USC and UCLA to the Big Ten ?

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Time will tell for sure. The egos in Bristol are pretty big. I could see it ending. Going to be really weird to hear the CBS intro music for the 330 game and it not being SEC Football but Big 10. Weird times. 

You think they will us that for the big 10 football games? That would be very weird. I know football is king and makes all the money but I actually liked big ten hoop games on ESPN. I’ve just not been a big fan of fox/FS1 coverage of basketball so far, but that’s just me. It’s all about whoever pays the most anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, IUskim said:

You think they will us that for the big 10 football games? That would be very weird. I know football is king and makes all the money but I actually liked big ten hoop games on ESPN. I’ve just not been a big fan of fox/FS1 coverage of basketball so far, but that’s just me. It’s all about whoever pays the most anyway. 

With the $$$$$ numbers coming to the Big 10....I think you'll be seeing several announcers racing to Fox/FS1,etc....as long we get more Gus in hoops I don't care who else joins.

Who knows what ESPN will do. Chase the Big 12/Pac12? That would actually be funny. Televise a conference that the key members left because the TV $ was bigger elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

With the $$$$$ numbers coming to the Big 10....I think you'll be seeing several announcers racing to Fox/FS1,etc....as long we get more Gus in hoops I don't care who else joins.

Who knows what ESPN will do. Chase the Big 12/Pac12? That would actually be funny. Televise a conference that the key members left because the TV $ was bigger elsewhere.

I guess they’ll almost have to to fill the void. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Time will tell for sure. The egos in Bristol are pretty big. I could see it ending. Going to be really weird to hear the CBS intro music for the 330 game and it not being SEC Football but Big 10. Weird times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Who knows what ESPN will do. 

I hope they're left with individual synchronized gymnastics until someone finally pulls the life support. It's amazing that the idiots running the place destroyed an iconic brand that had a near monopoly. Of course it's under the same management umbrella that ruined the Star Wars franchise and has badly wounded Toy Story/Pixar. Marvel will be next to fall. 

I don't think you could randomly pick 10 people out of the phone book who could mismanage those brands to this extent. 

Unfortunately, the moron running Disney is an IU grad. Thankfully he's a biology major so he doesn't taint the reputation of Kelley SoB. 

Former Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger was behind many of the biggest moves of the media company of the last two decades with acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel, Fox and Lucasfilm. Although, one of the biggest moves made that Iger regrets is the decision to name current Disney CEO Bob Chapek as his successor. According to a new report from Business Insider, Iger regrets naming Chapek as his successor as CEO of Disney and called it one of his worst business decisions ever.

Now looking back, Iger said he would have never stepped down if he knew how bad the pandemic would be, according to a former Disney executive. The executive said Iger believes Chapek is arrogant and uninterested in other people’s opinions.

Disney recently renewed Chapek as CEO for two additional years, a decision that was surprising to many Disney fans and shareholders, given the disappointing results for Disney shareholders. 

https://www.benzinga.com/news/22/07/28093776/bob-iger-regrets-hiring-bob-chapek-as-disney-ceo-successor-calls-it-one-of-his-worst-business-decisi

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Jason Benetti saw the writing on the wall and left ESPN for Fox a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rico said:

ESPN just became a regional network for the most part.  The S is going to stand for South as much as Sports.  The BIG also got themselves games on every "free" network outside of ABC.  If you are a Big Ten sports fan, cutting the cord (if you haven't already) just got a whole lot easier.  

I expect that Indiana is about to see a whole bunch of nationally televised basketball games.

On another note, does the BTN offer streaming services where you can see the live games that are currently being televised?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

ESPN just became a regional network for the most part.  The S is going to stand for South as much as Sports.  The BIG also got themselves games on every "free" network outside of ABC.  If you are a Big Ten sports fan, cutting the cord (if you haven't already) just got a whole lot easier.  

I expect that Indiana is about to see a whole bunch of nationally televised basketball games.

On another note, does the BTN offer streaming services where you can see the live games that are currently being televised?

Thank you for bringing up a very good point that I just completely missed and didn't think about. Cord cutting....with Fox, NBC, CBS....spot on. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I imagine we are just gonna have to wait see how the programming all pans out.  Got to keep in mind that NBC has Peacock and CBS has Paramount+.

According to the links I have seen, it is unclear how other sports(basketall included) are going to be affected.

• Like 4

Just now, rico said:

I imagine we are just gonna have to wait see how the programming all pans out.  Got to keep in mind that NBC has Peacock and CBS has Paramount+.

According to the links I have seen, it is unclear how other sports(basketall included) are going to be affected.

Isn't (wasn't ?) there a CBS Sports channel also?

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thank you for bringing up a very good point that I just completely missed and didn't think about. Cord cutting....with Fox, NBC, CBS....spot on. 

BTN+ does not carry the games televised on BTN live, they show any game not televised (student union stuff) and provide replays of BTN televised games...

And for @Seeking6, you could cut the cord, but I'm sure FS1, 2, and BTN are not broadcast over the air, so you'd have to have a streaming package including those 3.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

BTN+ does not carry the games televised on BTN live, they show any game not televised (student union stuff) and provide replays of BTN televised games...

And for @Seeking6, you could cut the cord, but I'm sure FS1, 2, and BTN are not broadcast over the air, so you'd have to have a streaming package including those 3.

Yep. I cut the cord a decade ago....but this makes things just a little easier. Will still have to figure out FS1, 2, and BTN part of it but that's why we have about 10 email addresses. Plenty of free trial runs saved up. Haha.

• Like 1