You are Scott Dolson...

6 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

That mindset lead to 20 years of mediocre basketball. 

I like CTA. But the drumming against a depleted Ole Miss team followed by the debacle least year.....

I do not think having major doubt is Fairweather at all.

We didnt even get to practice because our ENTIRE TEAM HAD COVID. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Neither coordinator was at a single bowl game prep practice. Not one. 

Not a single practice were our coaches at....then... during the game your starting BACKUP QB seperates his shoulder DURING THE GAME.... and we still almost win. 

Nuts man. CTA is a boss. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You guys didnt enjoy winning 3 Big Ten road games 2 years ago? 

@Nebraska

@Maryland

@Purdue

Show me an Indiana season where we have won three B1G road games... I'll wait. 

1967 🙂

Screenshot_20220703-172848.png

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The world would benefit quite a bit from a lot less... "what have you done for me lately" mentality. 

Tom Allen can flat out coach. It's embarrassing how much we eat our own. Maybe some of you did have a good point when you brought that up with the Fife stuff. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by btownqb

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hahaha I love it!!!

Big year for the Hoosiers!! My dad was in 8th grade and I was -23 years old!! 

Fast forward... what? 50 years and CTA did it again! 

All we are saying is keep the momentum going and moving forward. We don’t want to wait 20-30yrs to beat Michigan and Ohio St. I look at the Covid season as benefiting us not a hinderance…and we can’t expect that moving forward. Progress is all we are asking. The next couple years are important to me that we bounce back from this awful year and at least get back to 500 football team. If we go 4-8 next two years is that good enough? We want the program to move forward and invest in it. Practice facilities, weight room, and housing…but not to ignore the coaching staff if while doing that we are maintaining the status quo or it is 4-5 years between winning seasons. 

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We didnt even get to practice because our ENTIRE TEAM HAD COVID. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Neither coordinator was at a single bowl game prep practice. Not one. 

Not a single practice were our coaches at....then... during the game your starting BACKUP QB seperates his shoulder DURING THE GAME.... and we still almost win. 

Nuts man. CTA is a boss. 

You love CTA, and I respect that. I love him as a person, and like him as a coach....I do beleive in him. But not to a point where there are not clear questions.

You have a habit of laughing at anybody that disagrees with you. It's condescending, especially when others have very valid points.

You know who else is laughing? Everybody in the Big Ten when looking at our expectations vs results last year.

Covid, injuries etc. ...fine 

But, we did not just struggle. The bottom dropped out man. Come on.

We had a very good and exciting year. Followed by a disappointing bowl game and terrible following season.

So yeah, overall it's to be determined. We have seen signs that CTA can make us very very good. We have also seen it can go south.

So loving the man, hoping he proves that 1st season was legitimate while having some concerns at the same time is very reasonable.

That hardly is eating our own. It is being a fan with a fair take on things, even if different than your "CTA is a boss" view. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All we are saying is keep the momentum going and moving forward. We don’t want to wait 20-30yrs to beat Michigan and Ohio St. I look at the Covid season as benefiting us not a hinderance…and we can’t expect that moving forward. Progress is all we are asking. The next couple years are important to me that we bounce back from this awful year and at least get back to 500 football team. If we go 4-8 next two years is that good enough? We want the program to move forward and invest in it. Practice facilities, weight room, and housing…but not to ignore the coaching staff if while doing that we are maintaining the status quo or it is 4-5 years between winning seasons. 

I agree completely. Always moving forward... what you're saying is NOT what others have said though. 

It's ridiculous to have a complaint about Tom Allen. 

Before this past year he had winning record AT INDIANA OVER A 4 YEAR TIME FRAME WITH 2 JAN BOWL APPEARANCES.... like how much more is enough? 

• Like 1

Having looked at other big programs for the sport of softball we are not on the same level as the Oklahoma's and some of the other top 25 programs. I want that program to be successful but also being able just like basketball at least get into the tournament and be able to compete with the bigger named programs. Coach Stanton has a good start but I think we need to do more and not just the bare minimum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You love CTA, and I respect that. I love him as a person, and like him as a coach....I do beleive in him. But not to a point where there are not clear questions.

You have a habit of laughing at anybody that disagrees with you. It's condescending, especially when others have very valid points.

You know who else is laughing? Everybody in the Big Ten when looking at our expectations vs results last year.

Covid, injuries etc. ...fine 

But, we did not just struggle. The bottom dropped out man. Come on.

We had a very good and exciting year. Followed by a disappointing bowl game and terrible following season.

So yeah, overall it's to be determined. We have seen signs that CTA can make us very very good. We have also seen it can go south.

So loving the man, hoping he proves that 1st season was legitimate while having some concerns at the same time is very reasonable.

That hardly is eating our own. It is being a fan with a fair take on things, even if different than your "CTA is a boss" view. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry I support my teams and coaches! I apologize for doing that on an IU FORUM!!!!! 

Nuts man. Absolutely nuts. Label me condescending... I clearly do not care in the least bit. 

You compared our football and basketball programs to each other and they're are so astronomically different its unreal. Look at the difference in posts in our football and basketball forum. That should tell you enough. 

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hopefully that is true, but the jury is still out on CTA as a head coach without DeBoer and Wommack. We know CTA is a good motivator and a good DC. Bottom line is, he’s 26-32. He was 25-12 at Ben Davis. Still much to be proven.

Who hired those two? 

And how many football coaches have had a better record than that over 5 year time frame at Indiana? 

Edited by btownqb

7 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

Having looked at other big programs for the sport of softball we are not on the same level as the Oklahoma's and some of the other top 25 programs. I want that program to be successful but also being able just like basketball at least get into the tournament and be able to compete with the bigger named programs. Coach Stanton has a good start but I think we need to do more and not just the bare minimum. 

Yesss!!!!!

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agree completely. Always moving forward... what you're saying is NOT what others have said though. 

It's ridiculous to have a complaint about Tom Allen. 

Before this past year he had winning record AT INDIANA OVER A 4 YEAR TIME FRAME WITH 2 JAN BOWL APPEARANCES.... like how much more is enough? 

Yeah I don’t know what others are asking for but if we continue to invest in the program with $$…and upgrades…then 500 has to be the minimum going forward with no more 2-10…and yes sprinkling in wins against Michigan and others. So 20&21 needs to be closer to the norm and 22 has to be a blip.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sorry I support my teams and coaches! I apologize for doing that on an IU FORUM!!!!! 

Nuts man. Absolutely nuts. Label me condescending... I clearly do not care in the least bit. 

You compared our football and basketball programs to each other and they're are so astronomically different its unreal. Look at the difference in posts in our football and basketball forum. That should tell you enough. 

Straw man argument....

I did not compare the two programs. I compared the mindset and approach to the coach. Those are different, so let's at least have an honest debate.

I absolutely love your passion and support. I am in no way wanting to make you lessen that.

Just because I am at a 60% co fidence level in our coach, and you are at 100% indicates nothing more than we are both passionate fans and have a little different view about where we are right now.

Not seeing any problem with that at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Because IU will always be a basketball school and Indiana is a basketball state.  Football is gaining ground in the state but basketball will always be #1 for most people 

Just now, dgambill said:

Yeah I don’t know what others are asking for but if we continue to invest in the program with $$…and upgrades…then 500 has to be the minimum going forward with no more 2-10…and yes sprinkling in wins against Michigan and others. So 20&21 needs to be closer to the norm and 22 has to be a blip.

Agree. No doubt. Last year was unacceptable. I'd never argue that it was.... but how tf do you all just forget how awesome the two years prior to this one were? 

Like holy F. 

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You guys didnt enjoy winning 3 Big Ten road games 2 years ago? 

@Nebraska

@Maryland

@Purdue

Show me an Indiana season where we have won three B1G road games... I'll wait. 

Some might look at the road wins that year as easier since there were no one in the seats

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Straw man argument....

I did not compare the two programs. I compared the mindset and approach to the coach. Those are different, so let's at least have an honest debate.

I absolutely love your passion and support. I am in no way wanting to make you lessen that.

Just because I am at a 60% co fidence level in our coach, and you are at 100% does nothing anyrhing more than we are both passionate fans and have a little different view about where we are right now.

Not seeing any problem with that at all. 

Blue... 

You're probably 3x smarter than me in real life and immensely more mature, clearly. Being for real right now.... 

You can obviously have your opinion and me mine... 

I don't think any sort of less of you because we disagree. Like..  at all. This is sports and only sports to me. 

You tell me to recognize legitimate arguments and ok... You're right. I do need to do that..  but you completely disregarded when I told you we couldn't even prep for the bowl game.... don't you remember seeing our DBs hunched over sucking wind the whole game? And you acted like that was nothing... like we could just overcome that. Cmon man. For real!?! 

Kiffin knew we didn't get to practice/had guys with Covid.... he went ungodly fast that game offensively and we still held them to 20....

I had covid... and for sure my breathing wasn't right for at least a month. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Agree. No doubt. Last year was unacceptable. I'd never argue that it was.... but how tf do you all just forget how awesome the two years prior to this one were? 

Like holy F. 

I don’t look at those two seasons in a vacuum. There were a lot going on those years and A lot of it actually benefited us. The Covid thing hit us at the end of the year where we were able to practice and play all season leading up when other schools couldn’t who got hit when we were playing them. Also have to look at what happened last year for sure.
I love Allen…but I’m not 100% sure he has everything he needs at this point to be successful. I think he has a strong command of the defensive side of the ball and motivstionally the guys would run through walls for him…but offensively I worry a lot and I’m not so sure I trust his judgement of who he surrounds himself with in the coaching staff to keep the success up at that 20-21 level. I won’t lie…the highs have been super high with Tom…but the lows equally as low. All I’m saying is where does he settle in at. That’s all I’m watching for. He has given us some of the best IU football I’ve seen since I was a kid and Anthony Thompson was running around….but he also gave us last year the worst football I think I’ve seen…..or equal to it. Where does his water find it’s level. I don’t think it’s bad to admit I’m not sure. I wish I felt like you that it’s a sure thing with him and we have our coach for the next 10 years but I can’t. I recognize a lot of good things he has done and he has…but he also has some weaknesses too imo…so I’m also still anxious on how it works out.

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Blue... 

You're probably 3x smarter than me in real life and immensely more mature, clearly. Being for real right now.... 

You can obviously have your opinion and me mine... 

I don't think any sort of less of you because we disagree. Like..  at all. This is sports and only sports to me. 

You tell me to recognize legitimate arguments and ok... You're right. I do need to do that..  but you completely disregarded when I told you we couldn't even prep for the bowl game.... don't you remember seeing our DBs hunched over sucking wind the whole game? And you acted like that was nothing... like we could just overcome that. Cmon man. For real!?! 

Kiffin knew we didn't get to practice/had guys with Covid.... he went ungodly fast that game offensively and we still held them to 20....

I had covid... and for sure my breathing wasn't right for at least a month. 

I don't think we disagree as much as our debate indicates.  Lol

I am anxious, you are optimistic. That's probably 90% of where we disagree.

What I do want to make clear is that I 100% am behind our coach.  

But this next season is important. It does not have to be great. It just needs to be closer to two seasons ago than last season. Then my patience is reset and I can exhale.  :)

• Like 2

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

I don't think we disagree as much as our debate indicates.  Lol

I am anxious, you are optimistic. That's probably 90% of where we disagree.

What I do want to make clear is that I 100% am behind our coach.  

But this next season is important. It does not have to be great. It just needs to be closer to two seasons ago than last season. Then my patience is reset and I can exhale.  :)

Absolutely. No question. 

Look man, I come at things from a different angle then most. It is what it is. 

If we played in either ACC division or Pac12... I think our record would  have looked a fair amount different the last decade because I believe the talent we've had under Wilson and Allen have been a lot better than any other decade. I think we have seen that in the amount of bowl games and wins we have. 

Our 2022 recruiting class was MILES ahead of any other class we've ever had top to.bottom... AND, on paper, our transfers were damn good too. 

• Like 1