You are Scott Dolson...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What? 

You said it was 1967!!! Originally I thought I had said "when was the LAST time Indiana won 3 B1G road games" haha 

So... you def didn't lie... I just couldn't remember what I orginally said. 🤣

Edited by btownqb

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Blue... 

You're probably 3x smarter than me in real life and immensely more mature, clearly. Being for real right now.... 

You can obviously have your opinion and me mine... 

I don't think any sort of less of you because we disagree. Like..  at all. This is sports and only sports to me. 

You tell me to recognize legitimate arguments and ok... You're right. I do need to do that..  but you completely disregarded when I told you we couldn't even prep for the bowl game.... don't you remember seeing our DBs hunched over sucking wind the whole game? And you acted like that was nothing... like we could just overcome that. Cmon man. For real!?! 

Kiffin knew we didn't get to practice/had guys with Covid.... he went ungodly fast that game offensively and we still held them to 20....

I had covid... and for sure my breathing wasn't right for at least a month. 

Ole Miss also was without most of their top players…yes they were deeper and that’s huge. But all your telling me by all this is that Tom got out-coached by Kiffin. I worry about our bowl game losses. With all the extra time to prepare I can say I haven’t felt super positive about the coaching and game planning in our last few bowl appearances. Last offseason all year to prepare for Iowa and got blasted out the gate…so I’m also looking for improvements in that part as well.

33 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I don't think we disagree as much as our debate indicates.  Lol

I am anxious, you are optimistic. That's probably 90% of where we disagree.

What I do want to make clear is that I 100% am behind our coach.  

But this next season is important. It does not have to be great. It just needs to be closer to two seasons ago than last season. Then my patience is reset and I can exhale.  :)

This is 100% where I am at. 100% support Tom…but also holding my breath because I’m anxiously optimistic he is turning it around….but I’m not going to be a Purdue Brohm fan about this…I could easily see this not work out.

Edited by dgambill

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This is 100% where I am at. 100% support Tom…but also holding my breath because I’m anxiously optimistic he is turning it around….but I’m not going to be a Purdue Brohm fan about this…I could easily see this not work out.

Brohm...  gulp... is also a very good football coach. 

Man that was nasty to say. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Ole Miss also was without most of their top players…yes they were deeper and that’s huge. But all your telling me by all this is that Tom got out-coached by Kiffin. I worry about our bowl game losses. With all the extra time to prepare I can say I haven’t felt super positive about the coaching and game planning in our last few bowl appearances. Last offseason all year to prepare for Iowa and got blasted out the gate…so I’m also looking for improvements in that part as well.

The bowl game we played without the most important position player as Penix was hurt. Last year was built on him being healthy and where he was pre-injury. He clearly was not. If there is any blame in CTA it’s that he had too much faith that his quarterback, the guy he built his team around, was 100% back.

I hated last year just like everyone else. However I realize that for a program like ours, depth is never going to be like what an Ohio State or Michigan has, and when option 1 goes down, the drop off is going to have an impact. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The bowl game we played without the most important position player as Penix was hurt. Last year was built on him being healthy and where he was pre-injury. He clearly was not. If there is any blame in CTA it’s that he had too much faith that his quarterback, the guy he built his team around, was 100% back.

I hated last year just like everyone else. However I realize that for a program like ours, depth is never going to be like what an Ohio State or Michigan has, and when option 1 goes down, the drop off is going to have an impact. 

This is fair.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yesss!!!!!

I like the pieces that she has player wise but to me it needs to be more otherwise it'll be the same every year. Only Minnesota, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, and Illinois made it in. Northwestern finished in the top eight of teams who made it to Oklahoma City before getting beat by UCLA. 

Edited by Coach1K
  • Like 1