2023 DeShawn Harris-Smith Offered

19 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I like the evaluations from @PointGuardEyes. Hope he does all our commits.

Me, too. The part of this evaluation that jumps out to me in watching Harris-Smith's highlights is his unusual strength and determination in getting to the basket. He will not be stopped. Trying to think of an IU comp, one of Mike Woodson's best friends, the late Wayne Radford comes to mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougWil said:

Me, too. The part of this evaluation that jumps out to me in watching Harris-Smith's highlights is his unusual strength and determination in getting to the basket. He will not be stopped. Trying to think of an IU comp, one of Mike Woodson's best friends, the late Wayne Radford comes to mind. 

He has no choice but go to the rim, he can't shoot. 28% from 3. What are we doing looking at this kid so hard. Arent we all tired of watching 28% shooters yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Indykev said:

He has no choice but go to the rim, he can't shoot. 28% from 3. What are we doing looking at this kid so hard. Arent we all tired of watching 28% shooters yet.

He'll get to IU and then Marshall will get to work on him. After that he won't be a 28% shooter... :coffee:

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

Was about to post this, people loveeeee to complain 

I hope everyone complains about recruiting a kid that shoots 23-28% for a season. One week shows nothing. We all have been bitching for 10 years about bad shooters, why bring in more when you dont have to. This staff has shown they can recruit, just not sure why they would ignore that stat. But hey the staff offers so he is the next shinny program saver.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

I hope everyone complains about recruiting a kid that shoots 23-28% for a season. One week shows nothing. We all have been bitching for 10 years about bad shooters, why bring in more when you dont have to. This staff has shown they can recruit, just not sure why they would ignore that stat. But hey the staff offers so he is the next shinny program saver.

Youre reaching lol 

9 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

OV recap for Harris-Smith.  I really enjoyed talking to him.  He had a lot of interesting things to say.  Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/post-visit-qa-with-iu-basketball-class-of-2023-recruiting-target-deshawn-harris-smith/

First time a recruit has mentioned an AD that I recall. Glad that Dolson is actively involved...because it takes all sides of an operation to succeed. From staff to facilities to academia to NIL opps,etc...

Great article and really good feedback. Guess my only concern is a concern I'm just not going to have anymore about where all these 23 kids end up. How many spots do we still have? 1? 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

OV recap for Harris-Smith.  I really enjoyed talking to him.  He had a lot of interesting things to say.  Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/post-visit-qa-with-iu-basketball-class-of-2023-recruiting-target-deshawn-harris-smith/

“so like almost a blue blood” Ouch. Don’t blame the kid, though. Other than one year, we haven’t really been relevant in his lifetime. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

“so like almost a blue blood” Ouch. Don’t blame the kid, though. Other than one year, we haven’t really been relevant in his lifetime. 

Even most fans realize IU is no longer a blue blood. That's why they assume we'll miss on a recruit as soon as the current blue bloods get involved. 

• Like 1

Definition of “ blue blood” : 1. descent from nobility 2. A person of such descent; aristocrat.

by virtue of FIVE national championships IU is a blueblood as they are among a very small group who have accomplished that over a extended  period of time. But not ELITE since the 80s.  The later doesn’t change the former on my humble opinion. That said, kids today surely only look at what have you done lately to determine a blueblood.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BDB said:

I refer to IU as a sleeping giant.  

Have been for 20 years. Of course so have many others. In the past we've not had all pieces of the pie on the same page but I honestly believe we are getting there. 

A President who embraces sports. An AD who he and their compliance office don't act as FBI but rather teammates. A Coach who brings Past to Present and shares the same upbringing that most of our recruits share. Finally....NIL. We finally get to level the playing field. In a way being honest might be the soul reason we've been kept down.

Regarding this recruit though to keep topic on point. I feel like it's a race between him and Kaiser to say yes first. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Have been for 20 years. Of course so have many others. In the past we've not had all pieces of the pie on the same page but I honestly believe we are getting there. 

A President who embraces sports. An AD who he and their compliance office don't act as FBI but rather teammates. A Coach who brings Past to Present and shares the same upbringing that most of our recruits share. Finally....NIL. We finally get to level the playing field. In a way being honest might be the soul reason we've been kept down.

Regarding this recruit though to keep topic on point. I feel like it's a race between him and Kaiser to say yes first. 

Want both to say yes asap 🙂

• Like 1