2022-2023 Poll

2022-2023 Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Coach Woodson employs the 4 starters from last year (TJD, Race, XJ, and Kopp), who is the fifth starter?

2. 2. Which freshman makes the biggest impact this year?

3. 3. Which IU Player has the best chance as a "breakout" candidate this year?

• Tamar Bates
    • JHS
    • Malik Reneau
    • Kaleb Banks
    • CJ Gunn
    • Jordan Geronimo
    • Trey Galloway
    • Anthony Leal
    • Logan Duncomb

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think we're all sleeping on Malik Reneau. I understand there is a logjam with TJD and Race, but I think Reneau is going to make his presence felt and allow both TJD and Race time to rest throughout the season. 

I'm not. I think think he's going to get a lot of PT this season. He is able to play both the 4 and 5 so he can step in for either TJD or Race. I look for him to be a 20-25 mpg guy. He's too good to play less than 20 mpg. 

I look at it this way. How many minutes would freshman TJD get on this team? Probably 20-25 mpg. I think Reneau will be as good as or better than freshman TJD.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I'm not. I think think he's going to get a lot of PT this season. He is able to play both the 4 and 5 so he can step in for either TJD or Race. I look for him to be a 20-25 mpg guy. He's too good to play less than 20 mpg. 

I look at it this way. How many minutes would freshman TJD get on this team? Probably 20-25 mpg. I think Reneau will be as good as or better than freshman TJD.

Agree! He's a big upgrade at the 4/5 over what both JG and Durr were able to give last year. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think we're all sleeping on Malik Reneau. I understand there is a logjam with TJD and Race, but I think Reneau is going to make his presence felt and allow both TJD and Race time to rest throughout the season. 

I think most of us think JHS is 25 minutes & Reneau is 15-20?

Not as athletic as TJD & Race but highly skilled and physically looks ready for Big Ten 

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

I think most of us think JHS is 25 minutes & Reneau is 15-20?

Not as athletic as TJD & Race but highly skilled and physically looks ready for Big Ten 

Yeah, I expect JHS too start and Reneau to come off the bench, so JHS will definitely have more opportunity. 

But, in the minutes Reneau gets I expect him to be an immediate contributor and somewhere close to 20mpg. 

43 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

If JHS starts, who is the backup PG? Is CJ ready to be that guy, or will it be a Trey/Tamar.

We have a lot of interchangeable pieces, so I could see a world where Tamar is the 5th starter and JHS is first off the bench, simply as he's capable of filling in for either guard spot.

You can rotate players enough where you wouldn't really have to have a true backup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

If JHS starts, who is the backup PG? Is CJ ready to be that guy, or will it be a Trey/Tamar.

We have a lot of interchangeable pieces, so I could see a world where Tamar is the 5th starter and JHS is first off the bench, simply as he's capable of filling in for either guard spot.

We have three ballhandlers in XJ, JHS and Galloway. Obviously XJ is more a true point guard, JHS is a point/combo and Galloway is a secondary type ballhandler. 

I'd expect in most games that 2 of the 3 will almost always (almost being the key word) be on the court. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 1:44 PM, Madison22 said:

What are JHS's shooting stats in high school?

I looked, and found 28% from three for the season.  Around 42% overall.  Hoping those numbers are outdated.

The kid is not a great shooter or a volume scorer.  He averages i think 11 his Sr year.  He is a floor general and moves well with the ball.  Had a good supporting cast on his team.