Greenwood Mall Shooting

10 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Here's the floor plan that shows who was where.  Bad guy came out of the bathroom, good guy was near the cookies place.  

One source said the hero shot with a .22 pistol.  Is that true?  He also walked briskly toward the bad guy as he shot.

Click on the image to enlarge.

GREENWOOD-MALL-FOODCOURT-MAP_FOX-1.png

I'd read Dicken has a Glock. They do make a .22 (Glock 44), but I'm guessing he has a Glock 22 which is a  popular 40 S&W handgun. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd read Dicken has a Glock. They do make a .22 (Glock 44), but I'm guessing he has a Glock 22 which is a  popular 40 S&W handgun.

Thanks.  That makes sense.  The writer said for sure it was a .22, and I'd bet a lot the writer was wrong.

Probably written by an intern who didn't know the difference. 

• Like 1

Just in case for any of the Indy area crowd. Food fundraiser Saturday for the victims. True El Salvador food....besides tamales they'll have empanadas, pupusas,etc....we'll be doing our part and loading up. 

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/fundraiser-honors-legacy-of-couple-killed-in-greenwood-park-mall-shooting/531-dc2c2318-b994-4e24-85b4-0e613d8ece2b

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 3:26 PM, Seeking6 said:

Just in case for any of the Indy area crowd. Food fundraiser Saturday for the victims. True El Salvador food....besides tamales they'll have empanadas, pupusas,etc....we'll be doing our part and loading up. 

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/fundraiser-honors-legacy-of-couple-killed-in-greenwood-park-mall-shooting/531-dc2c2318-b994-4e24-85b4-0e613d8ece2b

Quick update on this. First off....Pupusas where have you been all my life? I don't know if the folks making them yesterday just have magic hands or what but I've been googling Pupusa restaurants in Indy this morning.

Back to the fundraiser. $26, 430 was raised yesterday at this families home at 30th and Lafayette. I don't think they expected this many people. When we got there line was 60 deep or so but only took a couple of hours. Phenomenal food, amazing resolve by the people involved. 

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/johnson-county/greenwood/fundraisers-honor-remember-victims-of-greenwood-park-mall-shooting

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick update on this. First off....Pupusas where have you been all my life? I don't know if the folks making them yesterday just have magic hands or what but I've been googling Pupusa restaurants in Indy this morning.

Back to the fundraiser. $26, 430 was raised yesterday at this families home at 30th and Lafayette. I don't think they expected this many people. When we got there line was 60 deep or so but only took a couple of hours. Phenomenal food, amazing resolve by the people involved. 

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/johnson-county/greenwood/fundraisers-honor-remember-victims-of-greenwood-park-mall-shooting

If you like pupusas I would recommend trying arepas too.  Arepas are similar but from Venezuela.

Jasper used to have an El Salvadoran restaurant.  I went there enough they would already have papusas on my ticket as soon as I walked in. Nice people. Unfortunate what happened to this family. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

If you like pupusas I would recommend trying arepas too.  Arepas are similar but from Venezuela.

Jasper used to have an El Salvadoran restaurant.  I went there enough they would already have papusas on my ticket as soon as I walked in. Nice people. Unfortunate what happened to this family. 

Good call, arepas are soooo good. We have this place called Caracas that we go to way too much. Tiny hole in the wall, but amazing menu of arepas. 

• Like 1