Hoosier Basketball Fantasy Experience 2022

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's just first glimpses but JHS is the real deal. He isn't a we can hope he hits the ground running freshman. He's confident, the body is Big 10 ready....I'm struggling to find  a similar because he's bigger and better than Yogi at same age. Anyway he is as advertised. Bates won the 3 pt contest. Guys look like their having fun.

Coach couldn't be there tonight because of death in family. One last little thing gang. I know some people want to bang on the Hysterics guys....I do want to point out. They are the one's who put the event on. Say what you want but as others have said they are the guys who are putting their money where the mouth is. Kudos to them. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I know it's just first glimpses but JHS is the real deal. He isn't a we can hope he hits the ground running freshman. He's confident, the body is Big 10 ready....I'm struggling to find  a similar because he's bigger and better than Yogi at same age. Anyway he is as advertised. Bates won the 3 pt contest. Guys look like their having fun.

Coach couldn't be there tonight because of death in family. One last little thing gang. I know some people want to bang on the Hysterics guys....I do want to point out. They are the one's who put the event on. Say what you want but as others have said they are the guys who are putting their money where the mouth is. Kudos to them. 

I said the same thing to my wife about JHS on the way home. The scrimmage was limited and and not the best gauge, but I thought Tamar looked more confident and aggressive. 

I second your thoughts on the Hysterics. They were out shaking hands right before the doors opened. My son was excited to tell them that tonight was his little sister’s first trip to Assembly Hall. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/look-scenes-from-the-hoosier-basketball-fan-fest-in-bloomington-on-saturday/ 

Due to forum issues I can't embed the link or cite @the Daily Hoosier but a lot of good videos of the event on his site.

Tamar Bates looks like he's gonna make a jump this year... 

Really, really pulling for him. He's an obvious talent...but given his personal situation it would have been so much easier to pack up and be closer to home. I think at one point last year there was a stat flashed on the screen that IU was top 5 in the country in getting open looks. That means our sets by staff are there....now we just need a guy like Bates to start knocking the shots down. 

Just 1-2 guys consistently hitting 3's would take this offense well above what we saw at the end of last season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Little Keet looked at me last night after Tamar hit 18 of 22 threes and said, “If Scoop shoots like that this season, the Big 10 is doomed.”  

Little Keet may have a future. He is already ahead of people like Jeff Goodman.  😀

Glad you guys had a blast. Those memories are forever....and so fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2