Collectibles

Indykev

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Any particular place you order from

Ebay Auctions, Mojo Sports a couple others. Mainly ebay is the best deals. Then i take them and get them matted and Framed with a card and the COA. I bought a P.Manning Jersey for $200. Had it Framed, sold it on ebay for $1300.

• Like 2

My FIL gave me a bottle like this that I am filling with wheat pennies when I find them vintage-quart-size-milk-bottle-with-orange-print-flynn-milk-your-best-buy-farmhouse-kitchen-collectible-display-62917fd42-scaled.thumb.jpg.5e172d60be10ca406636a98d83e90828.jpg

Also put together a set of circulated silver war nickels. 

I collect some coins on occasion.  Find some neat stuff in pocket change sometimes. 

Also have a Brazilian dollar bill I have no idea where it came from.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

My FIL gave me a bottle like this that I am filling with wheat pennies when I find them vintage-quart-size-milk-bottle-with-orange-print-flynn-milk-your-best-buy-farmhouse-kitchen-collectible-display-62917fd42-scaled.thumb.jpg.5e172d60be10ca406636a98d83e90828.jpg

Also put together a set of circulated silver war nickels. 

I collect some coins on occasion.  Find some neat stuff in pocket change sometimes. 

Also have a Brazilian dollar bill I have no idea where it came from.

Be carefull with foreign currencies. I had a coworker offer to trade a $100 Zimbabwe bill for a 200 Rubles. Afterwards I told him the 200 Rubles were only worth about a $1.20! He smiled and said the Zimbabwe bill was only worth about 30 cents. We both laughed and gladly kept the deal. Not everybody can say they have Zimbabwe or Russian money!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Be carefull with foreign currencies. I had a coworker offer to trade a $100 Zimbabwe bill for a 200 Rubles. Afterwards I told him the 200 Rubles were only worth about a $1.20! He smiled and said the Zimbabwe bill was only worth about 30 cents. We both laughed and gladly kept the deal. Not everybody can say they have Zimbabwe or Russian money!

Got cash from the bank a few years ago and got a $5. It looked brand new. After being in my wallet a few days I took it out to pay and saw is was an older design.  It was from 1950. I kept it and put it in a plastic protective sleeve but it sustained some minor damage. Oh well. 

• Like 1

I got a red seal 1963 $2 bill from the bank this summer.  Circulated, so it's only worth about $2 or maybe $3.  Still cool to see, though.  Image is from the internet.

When I was a kid, I remember getting a silver certificate every now and then.  And silver coins all the time - as many as you wanted from the bank for face value.

1963-2-dollar-bill-star-note.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I got a red seal 1963 $2 bill from the bank this summer.  Circulated, so it's only worth about $2 or maybe $3.  Still cool to see, though.  Image is from the internet.

When I was a kid, I remember getting a silver certificate every now and then.  And silver coins all the time - as many as you wanted from the bank for face value.

1963-2-dollar-bill-star-note.jpg

I used to go to banks and buy $500 sacks of half dollars, pick out the silver ones, and return the rest. Then tons of people started doing it when silver went $30+ and banks stopped giving them out. Not many silver halves to find anyway. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I used to go to banks and buy $500 sacks of half dollars, pick out the silver ones, and return the rest

I read about a guy who supposedly got an entire roll of 1955 double-die pennies from the bank.  Uncirculated.  He recognized what he had.  Not sure what happened after that.  

I've never had one, but always thought it was a cool coin.

US0001-Lincoln-Wheat-1955-Doubled-Die-56

• Like 1

I enrolled in the US mint coin program for several annual releases. 

In 2021 they struck 100 anniversary Morgan silver dollars. Only made about 350,000. Even if you aren't in to coins would probably be a good pickup. They are also renewing the peace dollar series. 

Can only get them on the secondary market now. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1