Collectibles

Indykev

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Alright!  Probably my best deal in awhile.   Paid $50 but easily worth $100.  It's a 1909 Barber silver half dollar.s-l400.png.344c8e5bf0869cb0f31c363885672230.png

I like this picture.

I know condition is super important to value.  But as a collector for most of my life, I've always enjoyed coins I can handle, without worrying about their value.  Instead of being sealed in plastic, never to be touched again.

Maybe it goes back to my childhood, when I'd spend hours every week going through change, looking for treasures.  The fun of finding Mercury dimes in rolls from the bank, and even occasional Indian Head pennies. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I like this picture.

I know condition is super important to value.  But as a collector for most of my life, I've always enjoyed coins I can handle, without worrying about their value.  Instead of being sealed in plastic, never to be touched again.

Maybe it goes back to my childhood, when I'd spend hours every week going through change, looking for treasures.  The fun of finding Mercury dimes in rolls from the bank, and even occasional Indian Head pennies. 

Yeah, something about handling silver coinage makes it feel like the money is more real. And older coins are like art in a way. The 1909 O is the last year New Orleans minted coins. Hard to find Barber halves in really good shape.

My grandma had coin world magazines and would occasionally get me something I picked out for Christmas or bday. 

Here is the other side.

2054927464_s-l400(2).png.0532f12ba770b928daee466faa6247eb.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Which is 10X overall what he made playing total in an 18 year career... 

Mick's top wage was $100,000 per year. That's about $758,000 a year in today's dollars. His career earnings of $1.12 million equates to $8.7 million today... Or about the same as the Brewers will pay Kolten Wong this year...

Players should go out to center field and kiss Mantle's monument every time they visit Yankee Stadium... And have a Marvin Miller poster in their bedroom... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

For donated items some of it is way over priced 

I really don't notice.  I rarely go with the little lady(she loves going to them) but when I do, I look for the golf club section.  I have orders from my son to buy any and all left-handed drivers.  

• 2 weeks later...

A Milwaukee Brewers CraigsList post (not mine):

Robin Yount and Paul Molitor; autographed by both.

I don't know if the autographs are real.  I have no reason to doubt them.

This is not my listing, or even my city.  Thought someone else here might be interested.

https://images.craigslist.org/00101_hKw7HE0unWWz_0pJ0CI_600x450.jpg

Link:

https://madison.craigslist.org/atq/d/marshall-vintage-milwaukee-brewers/7525527932.html