Pete Rose

rico

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't understand why that reporter would ask that. Strange. 

She was offended by the fact that a man who'd allegedly statutorily raped an underage girl was invited to the celebration...

If Joe Paterno was alive today and attended a Penn State football function, you think he wouldn't get a question about Jerry Sandusky? 

Just now, IUFLA said:

She was offended by the fact that a man who'd allegedly statutorily raped an underage girl was invited to the celebration...

If Joe Paterno was alive today and attended a Penn State football function, you think he wouldn't get a question about Jerry Sandusky? 

I think it's strange either way. Borderline very strange. 

Just now, IUFLA said:

I guess I'm biased because I despised Pete Rose even before those allegations were made...

Was he a great ballplayer? Yes... Is he a despicable human being? Yes... 

Immoral does nothing for me. I don't care how immoral someone is, they can deal with that in the afterlife, I will, as well. 

Like she's not threatened, at all. She chose to find her 5 mins of fame. I mean its fine, just strange to me. 

Yeah some superstars aren't good people. She made the event about Rose, and took away from the other Phillies. They weren't there to talk about allegations from 50 years ago. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Immoral does nothing for me. I don't care how immoral someone is, they can deal with that in the afterlife, I will, as well. 

Like she's not threatened, at all. She chose to find her 5 mins of fame. I mean its fine, just strange to me. 

Yeah some superstars aren't good people. She made the event about Rose, and took away from the other Phillies. They weren't there to talk about allegations from 50 years ago. 

Didn't want to talk about something that happened 50 years ago but yet was there to talk about something that happened 42 years ago?  There is irony in there somewhere.

Just now, btownqb said:

Why tf would a reporter expect that to happen, especially at an event like that? 

If true, I now see why Knight straight up couldn't stand writers. 

#1.  You just never know.

#2.  Knight has/had done enough "wrong" to warrant questions that he chose/choses not to answer.

• 4 months later...