Week 1: Illinois Pre Game Thread

BeerBQ

I’ll be making queso. White American, pepper jack, 1-2 chopped jalapeño, cream cheese then thin it out with evaporated milk(milnot). I add garlic salt and onion powder to taste at the end. The cheese is 1 to 1 depending on amount you want. My kids like it so much I make 10 ibs of it at a time and freeze it. Add the cream cheese and evaporated milk warm and slowly. 

9 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Try a burger with cream cheese, jalapeño jelly and fresh pickled jalapeños and bacon. You won’t be disappointed. 

You convinced me. I'll eat that within the next two weeks and report back. 

(Have 20 more packs of 4 1/4lbs patties)... always looking for burger ideas..thanks man. 

Regularly we do-- homemade big macs, royale burger, and nacho burgers. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 7:57 AM, Artesian_86 said:

My gut it telling me that Tuttle is going to be the starting QB. After watching his fall camp Q & A press conference from last night, I got the feeling he was trying to build up how hard both have worked and ultimately the "buck stopped with him".... I got the impression that he knows that a lot of fans probably don't want Jack to be the starter and may be disappointed with is decision. JMHO....

Go IU!

Bazelek is starting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Bazelek is starting. 

Thanks for the intel.  In my view, I doubt anyone is surprised.  I’m glad he had to earn it instead of it being handed to him, but he has a pretty accomplished background.  Sounds like Tuttle has improved quite a bit and he put up a fight. 

Last year, after a couple of injuries, we had no one who could complete passes on a consistent basis.  Yes, you could blame receivers and the line, but you go 2-10 when your QB play doesn’t even meet basic standards in the pass game.  

On this basis alone, we should be on the upswing.  Then you add hopefully an improved receiving corps with the return of Mathews and the new addition of Camper.   Hopefully other guys will pop too, like Simmons and maybe even McCulley and Cooper.  The line should be better.  We will see on that front.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

I’ll be making queso. White American, pepper jack, 1-2 chopped jalapeño, cream cheese then thin it out with evaporated milk(milnot). I add garlic salt and onion powder to taste at the end. The cheese is 1 to 1 depending on amount you want. My kids like it so much I make 10 ibs of it at a time and freeze it. Add the cream cheese and evaporated milk warm and slowly. 

I like your taste for spice.  I love pepper Jack cheese and I like spicy giardinara on pizza.  Sometimes you just need a kick.   I’m telling you, pizza with a kick to it is great.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

I have a great pair of seats available for the game.

Section 7, Row 34. $100 for the pair. Will transfer electronically with PayPal or Venmo payment.

Include your posting name in your response to eddy4iu@gmail.com

I am helping a friend sell these seats and he is mailing me his Lot 10 parking pass. I have not included it because I’m not sure I will get it in time. When I get it I will edit this post.

Go Hoosiers!!!

image.gif.033c92eb113c4abab55e769ecf9f961c.gif

Illini D is pretty solid, not sure about the pass rush. Kept things pretty vanilla against Wyoming so didn't really need to show much.

Working in 3 new starters in the interior of the OL, they're going to need some time to gel. As noted above McCray is out but Illinois is pretty deep at RB so not a huge loss.

Amazing how few times Illinois and Indiana have played over the last decade, one of the things I really hate about the conference expansion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Illini D is pretty solid, not sure about the pass rush. Kept things pretty vanilla against Wyoming so didn't really need to show much.

Working in 3 new starters in the interior of the OL, they're going to need some time to gel. As noted above McCray is out but Illinois is pretty deep at RB so not a huge loss.

Amazing how few times Illinois and Indiana have played over the last decade, one of the things I really hate about the conference expansion.

What is the feeling about this game from the Illinois fanbase?

27 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

What is the feeling about this game from the Illinois fanbase?

If we want to get to a bowl game, this is probably one we need. Don't know a whole lot about IU since as I mentioned we haven't played much recently. I do know you have a good coach, had a real good season and then fell off a cliff? So not sure what to expect but I think it will be a close game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

I absolutely would be... except for the whole, I coach HS football thing. Sigh. Praying our game goes quickly. 

How you going to do that C? You've got "Friday Night Lights" home game vs. Pekin Eastern Muskteers with a 7 o'clock kick..... You hoping to make the second half? lol

YIKES!

19 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

How you going to do that C? You've got "Friday Night Lights" home game vs. Pekin Eastern Muskteers with a 7 o'clock kick..... You hoping to make the second half? lol

YIKES!

I didnt say I'd make the game lol 

Saying... quicker we wrap Fri night up is the quicker I get to watch IU lol