Week 1: Illinois Pre Game Thread

BeerBQ

This new 2022 "cashless" payment system starting this year is gonna pi$$ some people off. Especially fans that don't like using cards..... I'm not one of those fans, but I can totally see a fan waiting in long line and not paying attention or forgot and getting turned away. Yikes, especially if they have been drinking!

Cashless Payments 

Football fans should also plan ahead so they can take advantage of IU’s new cashless payment set-up at all IU Athletics home sporting events. To create more points of sale and shorten fans’ wait times, IU Athletics is no longer accepting cash at ticket booths, concessions areas, and merchandise locations at its home events. All major credit cards will be accepted, and Apple Pay and Google Pay will also be an accepted means of purchase for concessions and merchandise. The only exception to the cashless payment change is for parking; for fans who don’t pre-purchase their gameday parking (Purchase Parking Here), all IU Athletics surface lots and grass lots are cash only.

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

This new 2022 "cashless" payment system starting this year is gonna pi$$ some people off. Especially fans that don't like using cards..... I'm not one of those fans, but I can totally see a fan waiting in long line and not paying attention or forgot and getting turned away. Yikes, especially if they have been drinking!

Cashless Payments 

Football fans should also plan ahead so they can take advantage of IU’s new cashless payment set-up at all IU Athletics home sporting events. To create more points of sale and shorten fans’ wait times, IU Athletics is no longer accepting cash at ticket booths, concessions areas, and merchandise locations at its home events. All major credit cards will be accepted, and Apple Pay and Google Pay will also be an accepted means of purchase for concessions and merchandise. The only exception to the cashless payment change is for parking; for fans who don’t pre-purchase their gameday parking (Purchase Parking Here), all IU Athletics surface lots and grass lots are cash only.

I'm guessing it's more for their convenience rather than fans. They won't have to deal with loads of bills and change after the game. 

On 8/31/2022 at 11:21 AM, Artesian_86 said:

Cashless Payments 

Do most college kids have credit cards these days?  I think I only functioned with cash as an undergrad.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Do most college kids have credit cards these days?  I think I only functioned with cash as an undergrad.

Most probably us Apple Pay or something on their phones as opposed to actual credit cards. 

I think the bigger question is, do people still carry cash? I rarely, if ever, have cash on me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Most probably us Apple Pay or something on their phones as opposed to actual credit cards. 

I think the bigger question is, do people still carry cash? I rarely, if ever, have cash on me. 

I was going to say this. My wife just pays with her watch or phone. I carry cash but because most of the best food establishments down here only take cash or you have to valet because of the small parking lots.

• Like 1