Week 1: Illinois Pre Game Thread

BeerBQ

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Most probably us Apple Pay or something on their phones as opposed to actual credit cards. 

I think the bigger question is, do people still carry cash? I rarely, if ever, have cash on me. 

I try to keep at least $100 at all times. 

Never know when you need gas and the debit machines are down. 

If not cash then debit. I'm not linking my bank account to the internet through a pay app or website. 

Edited by mrflynn03

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

What did the bank say when you asked for 10 boxes of pennies?

I actually had to go to 3 different banks, but when I get an Idea......... I never quit. Some say it's a flaw, I say it's one of my design features!

It was all well worth it, until I had to pay to ship them to California from Indiana... But by god I wasn't giving up!

Fedex left them in front of his office door. He saw my name on the box and figured they were empty (they all know me), so he kicked the box.... 

At that point....... It was alllllllll worth it. :) muahahahahahahah

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Come on people, first game is tomorrow! This money talk is super thrilling, but let’s talk about the game!!! 

Ok, I'll give a penny for your thoughts. 

I'm watching PUke and Penn State penitentiary. I sure hope the silence we have been getting means we are planning on really bringing IT this year! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've now gotten to the point where I think is must win territory given our schedule. Headed for a day of yardwork and sweat before the pregame pounding starts this afternoon. Finally we get to say it's gameday.  

This is a good assessment of the upcoming season. College Football News considers the Illinois game to be the key game of IU's season. I agree with that. 

Indiana Key Game To The 2022 Season

Illinois, Sept. 2
The Hoosiers have to get off to a big start to put the ugliness of 2021 in the rearview mirror. They start the season at home against Illinois and follow it up with Idaho, so beat the Illini, match last seasons win total by the end of September 10th.

There aren’t a ton of winnable games on the slate – or games IU will be favored in. There can’t be any giveaways at home.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/09/indiana-hoosiers-preview-2022-season-prediction-breakdown-key-games-players

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IU is slightly favored, but the sharps are leaning towards IL.  This is based on last year's results and IL playing well last week.  Guess we will see if IU's rebuilding programs gets off to a good start.

PS:  Certainly don't like Purdue, but they should have beaten Penn State last night.  Some awful play calling near the end when they could have run down the clock, but kept throwing the ball.  However, their passing offense is very good and will be a big test for IU at the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is a good assessment of the upcoming season. College Football News considers the Illinois game to be the key game of IU's season. I agree with that. 

Indiana Key Game To The 2022 Season

Illinois, Sept. 2
The Hoosiers have to get off to a big start to put the ugliness of 2021 in the rearview mirror. They start the season at home against Illinois and follow it up with Idaho, so beat the Illini, match last seasons win total by the end of September 10th.

There aren’t a ton of winnable games on the slate – or games IU will be favored in. There can’t be any giveaways at home.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/09/indiana-hoosiers-preview-2022-season-prediction-breakdown-key-games-players

Sums it up nicely.  Must win tonight.  Go Hoosiers.