Week 1: Illinois Pre Game Thread

BeerBQ

14 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Indiana Wins 70-63 in a 4OT bonkers shootout.

Defense is underwhelming, but not as bad as the final score indicates. (They give up a KR TD and we throw a Pick-6)

Bazelak goes ham, tossing 6 TDs, including the game winner to DJ Matthews.

Shotguns a beer in his post-game celebration.

Yes!

For those more dialed in. Is Shivers the for sure #1 at RB or rotation? Same kind of question for Swinton, Camper, Matthews (pulling for like crazy), and McCulley possibly?

Our D should be pretty stout....and it's not like Illinois has any off the wall skill guys besides Chase. I'm nervous about our OLine vs their DLine. Secondly...concerned they have a game under their belt already. 

If we can start fast, get quick points and make Illinois get away from what the entire Big10 West does (run the ball) I think we can win by 2 TD's. If we try to get into a slow down 1 possession game I'm concerned about our OLine play.

I'm going 27-17 IU but not feeling super confident. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For those more dialed in. Is Shivers the for sure #1 at RB or rotation? Same kind of question for Swinton, Camper, Matthews (pulling for like crazy), and McCulley possibly?

Our D should be pretty stout....and it's not like Illinois has any off the wall skill guys besides Chase. I'm nervous about our OLine vs their DLine. Secondly...concerned they have a game under their belt already. 

If we can start fast, get quick points and make Illinois get away from what the entire Big10 West does (run the ball) I think we can win by 2 TD's. If we try to get into a slow down 1 possession game I'm concerned about our OLine play.

I don’t think we’re going to play any sort of slow down offense. This is a big game for CTA and the program to show last year was a bit fluky. In other words, lose today and the season might be over before it begins. I expect a big offensive performance. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don’t know the answer because the staff has held things close to the vest.  But Allen has said that, in general, he’s going to rotate guys in and that he’s going to want to go hard because lots of guys will play. No need to ever hold back.  We have depth at WR, LB and edge and I bet a lot of them play.  Same thing on the D line.  Rotation.   I personally expect Shivers to start but I expect to see other backs including potentially Henderson and Howland.  Howland is a big boy and if we get a lead, he might get a shot. 

• Like 1