Week 0 Games

BeerBQ

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue what Frost was thinking with onside kick. Talk about giving your opponents a chance to get rejuvenated on the sidelines. Nobody but himself to blame....like STL said. 5-21 in single score games that's on the staff. 

Just an idiotic decision. You hit the nail on the head. 

• Like 2

Nebraska football is just in an awful spot... where do they go to get recruits? 

They haven't had a top 15 class in a long time. Multiple years their classes ranked 25th+. 

Now... people compare our basketball program to their football, and its understandable, but we have 10× the recruiting base (Indiana HS basketball) compared to Nebraska. 

We can fill half our team with Indiana dudes and compete, they can't. NE HS football isn't even as good as Indiana. They have to go to Tex, CA, the south and convince kids. 

Just saying-- these two situations are NOT like each other. I was in a fraternity in college--- the first thing you're taught is recruiting is the lifeblood by which these organizations exist...  sports programs are similar. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They haven't had a top 15 class in a long time. Multiple years their classes ranked 25th+. 

Now... people compare our basketball program to their football, and its understandable, but we have 10× the recruiting base (Indiana HS basketball) compared to Nebraska. 

We can fill half our team with Indiana dudes and compete, they can't. NE HS football isn't even as good as Indiana. They have to go to Tex, CA, the south and convince kids. 

Just saying-- these two situations are NOT like each other. I was in a fraternity in college--- the first thing you're taught is recruiting is the lifeblood by which these organizations exist...  sports programs are similar. 

I am thinking that both Mike Rozier and Irving Fryar were from New Jersey.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rico said:

I am thinking that both Mike Rozier and Irving Fryar were from New Jersey.

Right. What about... Benson, Alford, and Cheaney? You know? 

I mean.. even Guyton, May, and IT were from neighboring states. Doubt NE gets many football recruits from Wyoming and South Dakota. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right. What about... Benson, Alford, and Cheaney? You know? 

I mean.. even Guyton, May, and IT were from neighboring states. Doubt NE gets many football recruits from Wyoming and South Dakota. 

I absolutely understand what you are saying about NE's recruiting.  Nebraska and surrounding states are a recruiting void.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

For the very reasons you listed, Nebraska football will never be what it once was.  What they need to do is find a way to compete with Iowa and Wisconsin.  They will never again be on level with OSU, Michigan, PSU, and USC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

To your point and I don't think the word gimmick is fair....but Nebraska needs something like a Mike Leach. Someone that has a proven system that will change the whole dynamic and make heading to Lincoln attractive again. Change their entire identity, brand,etc....and Leach might think competing in the West is better than SEC. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For the very reasons you listed, Nebraska football will never be what it once was.  What they need to do is find a way to compete with Iowa and Wisconsin.  They will never again be on level with OSU, Michigan, PSU, and USC.

Exactly.  They need to run two tight end sets and dominate the offensive and defensive lines. Unfortunately running the option offense just isn't feasible in power 5. They need a unique system they can recruit for, and build a consistent culture. Just not sure what the answer is for them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

I absolutely understand what you are saying about NE's recruiting.  Nebraska and surrounding states are a recruiting void.  

I think Neb. moving to the big ten hurt their recruiting.  They use to get a lot of people from California and Texas and the move from the Big 12 hurt.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think Neb. moving to the big ten hurt their recruiting.  They use to get a lot of people from California and Texas and the move from the Big 12 hurt.

I am sure it did.  But that was a while back.  Being in the B1G surely helps now?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

To your point and I don't think the word gimmick is fair....but Nebraska needs something like a Mike Leach. Someone that has a proven system that will change the whole dynamic and make heading to Lincoln attractive again. Change their entire identity, brand,etc....and Leach might think competing in the West is better than SEC. 

I would love to have Mike Leach in the B1G. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I would love to have Mike Leach in the B1G. 

Trust me. I wanted him before Lynch was hired. The last time I posted on Peegs was when IU was blown out by Purdue and I said something about Mike Leach and some mod called Superhoosier gave me a timeout. Never been back since.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. I wanted him before Lynch was hired. The last time I posted on Peegs was when IU was blown out by Purdue and I said something about Mike Leach and some mod called Superhoosier gave me a timeout. Never been back since.

He's also absolutely hilarious on Twitter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Remember everyone running their mouths about Nebraska coming into the B1G and would dominate lol 

Have they been to the B1G championship?