Hoosiers vs Buckeyes Game Thread

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m at a loss for words to how pathetic Robert Johnson and Newkirk are, probably the worst two guards starting right now in the big ten. Neither care and their effort is terrible. I also can’t believe someone like McSwain was even a thought for any division 1 basketball team, he is clueless and has zero basketball IQ or talent. Honestly I cant believe Durham was recruited to the big ten either, he is a mid major player at best. Pathetic team and I don’t think Archie is going to be the answer either.

2 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

I’m at a loss for words to how pathetic Robert Johnson and Newkirk are, probably the worst two guards starting right now in the big ten. Neither care and their effort is terrible. I also can’t believe someone like McSwain was even a thought for any division 1 basketball team, he is clueless and has zero basketball IQ or talent. Honestly I cant believe Durham was recruited to the big ten either, he is a mid major player at best. Pathetic team and I don’t think Archie is going to be the answer either.

So after 22 games with not a single player that he recruited you can say he is not the answer, and what do you base that on?  

5 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

Archie is coaching a team that has never played defense, with players he didn’t recruit. Yep Archie sucks! Seriously dude, get a grip. Let Archie get HIS players in here, then come back and talk to us.

I am not thrilled with Johnson but I don’t see an alternative.  Durham has no ability to contribute.  Newkirk should never have been brought here as has been said.  McSwain plays like a football player moonlighting as a basketball player.  Davis may have been able to handle Wesson but he’s gone.  Scott May and Mike Woodson aren’t walking through that door.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Archie obvipusly inherited a mess but should not get a complete free pass.  

i do not give him a free pass, some of his lineups and lack of offense in them have been bad, the regression in shooting, but I find it funny that after 22 games he can say he is not the answer.

5 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

So after 22 games with not a single player that he recruited you can say he is not the answer, and what do you base that on?  

The fact he plays McSwain over More, and the fact he continues to start Newkirk over green is baffling. Not to mention he continually wants the offense to run the shot clock down instead of playing faster, then of course they take a terrible shot because they are up against the clock

Archived