Illinois Postgame Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I forgot to mention….. I love watching the complete melt down of a small group of rude, mouthy and arrogant Illini fans three rows in front of us last night!!!! Ohhh, it was PRICELESS! 

Were you by chance in section 25? We were sitting right next to a group that fits just that description 

Regarding the QB, yes he was a bit high with several throws.  But he was perfect on that bomb to Mathews in the first half.  Yes, he was open but the QB still dropped it in there in stride.  

But THE story was the two minute drive and getting a TD.  I can’t imagine grading a QB on any more important factor.

And once you’ve done it, the whole team saw and knows it can be done. In sports, knowing you can do it, is huge. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 4

Any news on the injured guys?

With game 1 in the books, which players do you think will garner more playing time as a result of their performance?

Which is like to improve the most going forward- our rushing offense or defense against the run?

I was pleasantly surprised by our pass protection.  I feel like IL (dropped passes) and the refs really gave us a golden opportunity last night. Kudos to the guys on O and D for stepping up and seizing the W.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I think people forget Illinois won 4 Big Ten games last year. They just had a tough start to the year but we’re solid last year.

They aren’t some awful team.

I think our perception of them is a bit skewed due to playing them so infrequently anymore. I can remember seasons back in the 2000's where they were our only conference win. 

And we may not like the guy, but Bielema is a heck of a coach. He may not get Illinois to the same level he got Wisconsin, but as long as he's there they'll have solid teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I think people forget Illinois won 4 Big Ten games last year. They just had a tough start to the year but we’re solid last year.

They aren’t some awful team.

I watched them kick the absolute dog shit out of Penn St. Lined up, went heavy, and literally beat PSU into oblivion. 357 yards rushing they put on PSU @ PSU. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Section 26, row 56. They were, 26 row 51 or 52. A guy with a orange Curbelo jersey and a guy with a black T with a black hat and beard…. 

We were section 25, row 42. Four younger guys on our left were the worst of it, but there were at least 5-6 guys in at least their 50's being complete jackasses as well.

We ended up moving 15 rows farther up by the end of the game just to get away from them.

I know OSU is the popular team to hate on their fans, but I think Illinois fans are among the worst in the conference.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I believe everything will improve over the next two games. You can’t beat real game experience. Illinois showed us where we are so now we can work to get even better. 

and this is an important part of why Illinois was a bit better organized in aspects of the game last night...Their week 0 game helped them be ready...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

We were section 25, row 42. Four younger guys on our left were the worst of it, but there were at least 5-6 guys in at least their 50's being complete jackasses as well.

We ended up moving 15 rows farther up by the end of the game just to get away from them.

I know OSU is the popular team to hate on their fans, but I think Illinois fans are among the worst in the conference.

The fans energy in the stands was matched by some of their players and coaches...their corners were pretty obnoxious given the number of times they were directly responsible for giving up big plays to us...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Man... at least the OSU fans have a reason to be arrogant 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

The fans energy in the stands was matched by some of their players and coaches...their corners were pretty obnoxious given the number of times they were directly responsible for giving up big plays to us...

If I had a dollar for every time they bragged about being big ten champions last night, I could retire.

Okay, well you beat the 13 seed in the tourney by 1 point and got blasted by 15 on the next game, not to mention falling apart against us in the BTT, but whatever.

Also, wrong sport, and none of those accomplishments are yours anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

For those of you who went to the game, how was the overall gameday experience? Obviously the size of the crowd is related to the product on the field, but how has IU done in other areas? Was it a solid atmosphere? (It looked respectable on TV)

By kickoff, the place was pretty close to full. Good looking crowd in the first half. For the second half, you could tell some folks went back to tailgating but overall, crowd was into it. 

• Like 2