Week #2 - Idaho pregame......

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yep! And... ILL had played a game! 

Definitely played a role in execution.  What are your thoughts on Bazelak's tendency to throw high? It looks to me that he doesn't step into his left leg and keeps his weight back on his high throws. Wasn't sure if he had any left knee issues that keeps him from transferring his weight forward, or if it's habit. He needs to work on that, or interceptions could be an issue.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Definitely played a role in execution.  What are your thoughts on Bazelak's tendency to throw high? It looks to me that he doesn't step into his left leg and keeps his weight back on his high throws. Wasn't sure if he had any left knee issues that keeps him from transferring his weight forward, or if it's habit. He needs to work on that, or interceptions could be an issue.

Yes. In regards to what "Connor" needs to do. 100% ... and he undoubtedly missed some throws. 

But... when you get pressure right in your face (I know this for sure happened on 2 throws in the 2nd half)... the exact effect of that is a QB that can't do anything of things you mentioned. "Stepping into a throw" as you mentioned.  

Its the beauty of football, right? 

OL has to do their job first 

QB has to do his job next

WR has to finish the play and do his job.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yes. In regards to what "Connor" needs to do. 100% ... and he undoubtedly missed some throws. 

But... when you get pressure right in your face (I know this for sure happened on 2 throws in the 2nd half)... the exact effect of that is a QB that can't do anything of things you mentioned. "Stepping into a throw" as you mentioned.  

Its the beauty of football, right? 

OL has to do their job first 

QB has to do his job next

WR has to finish the play and do his job.  

Appreciate your feedback. Good point, it's easy to say step into a throw when you're not the one with pressure in your face. I tore my left acl my freshman year of high school,  and stepping into throws, especially under pressure,  took awhile. Transferring your weight and extending your leg takes trust and confidence.

Just wasn't sure if he had any issues since that seems to happen to "Connor" more than most. With his moxy and intangibles, I'll take a few high throws. That guy is a gamer!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Appreciate your feedback. Good point, it's easy to say step into a throw when you're not the one with pressure in your face. I tore my left acl my freshman year of high school,  and stepping into throws, especially under pressure,  took awhile. Transferring your weight and extending your leg takes trust and confidence.

Just wasn't sure if he had any issues since that seems to happen to "Connor" more than most. With his moxy and intangibles, I'll take a few high throws. That guy is a gamer!

For sure, for sure. 

I didn't know you were a fellow Q, aa well. 👊

Admittedly, I much preferred playing defense. 🤣🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

For sure, for sure. 

I didn't know you were a fellow Q, aa well. 👊

Admittedly, I much preferred playing defense. 🤣🤷‍♂️

Yes, and agree on preferring defense. Much more fun to light people up from free safety.  Being a qb always gave me an extra step by recognizing what the offense was doing. Glad I played in the ironman days, but no way I could call offensive and defensive plays with the complexities of today's offenses and defenses.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Yes, and agree on preferring defense. Much more fun to light people up from free safety.  Being a qb always gave me an extra step by recognizing what the offense was doing. Glad I played in the ironman days, but no way I could call offensive and defensive plays with the complexities of today's offenses and defenses.

I played FS in HS and SS in college. Man.. safety is an underratedly fun position. 

Back to the game... will you be watching at your house this evening? My wife is headed out with my sister for a girls night.. so its me and the dogs and some busch light!

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I played FS in HS and SS in college. Man.. safety is an underratedly fun position. 

Back to the game... will you be watching at your house this evening? My wife is headed out with my sister for a girls night.. so its me and the dogs and some busch light!

I'll be at home with IU on one TV, and UK on the other (Gotta keep mama happy;). Drinks will be flowing.