Indiana ranked preseason #6 by Lindy’s Sports

KDB

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I like the way X towers over Edey on the cover.  

X is definitely the most photogenic of the 3...

Ryan looks like one of those old Irish middleweight prize fighters that got his eye split open during intros ("Cut me, Mick!), and Edey looks like a marsupial died on his head... 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 9/9/2022 at 1:46 PM, BruceDouglas said:

Indiana can be justified a bit, most seem to have them more in the 12-ish range. But Michigan? Naw.

Well, at least they didn't try to shove Illinois in there... You guys have more question marks than Matthew Lesko's suit... This ought to be your road unis...

1391721108_images(6).jpeg.92482d681c9786cdac2875ed204da29d.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Well, at least they didn't try to shove Illinois in there... You guys have more question marks than Matthew Lesko's suit... This ought to be your road unis...

1391721108_images(6).jpeg.92482d681c9786cdac2875ed204da29d.jpeg

There you go talking Illini hoops again. 🤣

No need to look for Illini in the preseason rankings but they'll probably be at/near the top of the conference again.

https://barttorvik.com/conf.php?conf=B10

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Also found it interesting that the Magazine made the following 'Best-Of' picks.  All products of Indiana high school basketball.

Best High School Senior - Xavier Booker (Indy-Cathedral)

Best High School Junior - Flory Bidunga (Kokomo)

Best JUCO Player transferring to D1 - Sean East (Romeo's former teammate at New Albany who is headed to Missouri)

Edited by 5fouls

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

6th in the B1G would probably closer prediction. I’ll be happy with a top 20 finish. I don’t see us breaking into the top 10. Nice to just see a number by our name.

I'm certainly not an expert on what other teams have coming back.  But, if there are 10 teams in teh country with more talent and experience coming back, I would be surprised.  Add in what is believed to be 2-3 impact freshmen, and it makes it even easier to justify a lofty ranking.