NCAAF: Week #2

rico

So I thought SEC was suppose to be so much better than the rest. I saw Alabama get outplayed all day and only a special teams snap and missed intentional grounding safety saved them. LSU, Texas A&M…I mean let’s be real the gap isn’t that big..and maybe the NIL will bring some of these other schools back into the mix with the playoffs in the coming years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So I thought SEC was suppose to be so much better than the rest. I saw Alabama get outplayed all day and only a special teams snap and missed intentional grounding safety saved them. LSU, Texas A&M…I mean let’s be real the gap isn’t that big..and maybe the NIL will bring some of these other schools back into the mix with the playoffs in the coming years.

You had me at hello...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Massive targeting not called against UK's Levis. Couldn't be more textbook targeting. That call either needs to be clarified or removed.(McFadden!)

That was the right call. He didn’t launch and he didn’t lower his head and initiate contact with the crown. He can’t go low…he hit him in the chest and slid up his face as he was going backwards. I’m in support of safety but man we are getting soft if that is what we penalize.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Purdue win the B1G West this year?

Ehh believe it when I see it. We haven’t beaten Wisconsin in forever and Minny has had our number too. Would be awesome. Just have to stay healthy (just found out our stud defensive player broke a bone against PSU and is out at least a month) and see what happens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ehh believe it when I see it. We haven’t beaten Wisconsin in forever and Minny has had our number too. Would be awesome. Just have to stay healthy (just found out our stud defensive player broke a bone against PSU and is out at least a month) and see what happens. 

Well I think this is as good as any year to do it.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That was the right call. He didn’t launch and he didn’t lower his head and initiate contact with the crown. He can’t go low…he hit him in the chest and slid up his face as he was going backwards. I’m in support of safety but man we are getting soft if that is what we penalize.

Absolutely not. Launched and crown of helmet hit facemask, exploding his helmet from his head. They should use that to teach targeting to young officials. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

Absolutely not. Launched and crown of helmet hit facemask, exploding his helmet from his head. They should use that to teach targeting to young officials. 

No he didn’t. He ran through the guy. His head was up.. text book tackling. But whatever. They got it right. Stopped the game and looked at it. He ran through the guy. Football is a dynamic sport. You can’t react that fast when a qb starts to duck at last second bringing his head down and face mask into your helmet. They have done a better job this year in keeping kids in the game…last year that was an awful call against McFadden..this year has been better to give defense benefit of doubt.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No he didn’t. He ran through the guy. His head was up.. text book tackling. But whatever. They got it right. Stopped the game and looked at it. He ran through the guy. Football is a dynamic sport. You can’t react that fast when a qb starts to duck at last second bringing his head down and face mask into your helmet. They have done a better job this year in keeping kids in the game…last year that was an awful call against McFadden..this year has been better to give defense benefit of doubt.

Due to the fact you trashed the SEC earlier, I'll let this go😅

Edited by Hoosierinbham
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1