Jump to content

Idaho Post Game Thread


Recommended Posts

2-0.

Disappointing 1st half to say the least. 2nd half I don't know if it was more about talent and execution......or ? Either way. W and we move on to a team in Western K that will certainly challenge our secondary.

Personally the best way to beat an offensive team is with our offense. Everyone says D but I'm going the other way....we need points and plenty of them next week. Early would be nice as well. Not in the 3rd quarter. Sunny and hot as well on the forecast. Go Hoosiers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

2-0.

Disappointing 1st half to say the least. 2nd half I don't know if it was more about talent and execution......or ? Either way. W and we move on to a team in Western K that will certainly challenge our secondary.

Personally the best way to beat an offensive team is with our offense. Everyone says D but I'm going the other way....we need points and plenty of them next week. Early would be nice as well. Not in the 3rd quarter. Sunny and hot as well on the forecast. Go Hoosiers!

Sunny and hot, Can't wait to watch the tailgate, I mean game.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

2 and freaking zero b*tches. 

 

Just kidding. Second half was kind of fun, but this just doesn't feel like a very talented team. 

I don't know. With the exception of the o-line (which, if true, will be a massive achilles heel in conference play), I do not feel like it's a question of talent as much as a question of prep, motivation, focus, execution, consistency.

In two games we've played two excellent quarters, two so-so quarters, and four awful quarters. So nowhere near "playing 60". Especially the offense, with Bazelak as the prime example. Majority of quarters he can't put the ball on an open man to save his life. Then, boom, like 3rd last night. The talent clearly is there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Considering weather conditions and the inability to convert especially on 3rd down I really felt the offense should have slowed the tempo down in the first half.  They were playing too fast and it led to alot of mistakes. 

Agreed, the second half they seemed to be slower and more controlled.  The running game looked much better this game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Considering weather conditions and the inability to convert especially on 3rd down I really felt the offense should have slowed the tempo down in the first half.  They were playing too fast and it led to alot of mistakes. 

Agree, the problem is... you still want to work on the things that you want to do, you know? 

But.. Andison Coby's penalty and the missed FG don't happen... it's 10-10 at the half. Very annoying. 

I will also mention... 

#6 TexAM lost to App St

#17 Wisconsin lost to Wash St 

Nebraska lost to Ga Southern

Notre Dame lost to Marshall... all those games the loser was the home team

There were some funky games yesterday. Iowa has had ONE scoring drive in two games and it was a 16 yard drive after a blocked punt. There are some teams with significant issues... and they're 0-2 or 1-1... pray we've survived lol 

This week is a must win vs WKU... he should have their attention in practice. And we did run the ball well. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree, the problem is... you still want to work on the things that you want to do, you know? 

But.. Andison Coby's penalty and the missed FG don't happen... it's 10-10 at the half. Very annoying. 

I will also mention... 

#6 TexAM lost to App St

#17 Wisconsin lost to Wash St 

Nebraska lost to Ga Southern

Notre Dame lost to Marshall... all those games the loser was the home team

There were some funky games yesterday. Iowa has had ONE scoring drive in two games and it was a 16 yard drive after a blocked punt. There are some teams with significant issues... and they're 0-2 or 1-1... pray we've survived lol 

This week is a must win vs WKU... he should have their attention in practice. And we did run the ball well. 

That is true. Better to expose things that need work during a tune-up game. 

Idaho looked better than I expected.  And they did play really well that first half. 

Edited by mrflynn03
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Considering weather conditions and the inability to convert especially on 3rd down I really felt the offense should have slowed the tempo down in the first half.  They were playing too fast and it led to alot of mistakes. 

Agreed, the second half they seemed to be slower and more controlled.  The running game looked much better this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it comical how the big talking heads will talk about how Penn State really improved in the running game, but IU just ran the ball better. And we make plays. I have to wonder what they would be saying about us if we were in the west? I know we are not the best in the league, but we are not one of the worst by far. Thats two quality opponents and two wins. Not to mention some real messed up scheduling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m far from a QB coach but when Connor is inconsistent it looks like bad footwork.  When it sails, it looks casual, like he’s just using his arm.  When he’s got momentum, and on a roll, he steps into it, and there were some brilliant throws in there.  We just need the kid to be consistent because he can’t sail that football in the B1G.  

Dasan.  Holy mackerel, this kid is an impact talent.  I love how Allen deploys him.  Moves him around so the offense can’t get a beat on him.  It’s harder to neutralize a defender when you never know where he’s coming from.  

I was up late so I played back some of the line play.  Khalil Benson at RG is a talent.  Line that guy up and let’s go. Stop screwing around with other guys at that spot.  He will get stronger but he’s explosive and engages you fast.  He pulls and moves quickly.  Sales was out there too at RT.  He seemed to do fine and probably moves easier than Hanna does.   I saw Bray Lynch out there at LT at garbage time.  Possible indicator of next man up. 

AJ Barner.  You see why Allen loves him. Another guy with a huge ceiling.  

Lucas. His speed is like he’s gliding and the kid is better built than I realized for a 17 year old.   He’s going to be hard to contain.  

The first half.  The comedy of errors was atrocious and I hated our tone and lack of urgency.  I get that we are coming off a huge win that the staff emphasized the heck out of.  These are college kids but IU football is not in a position to take anyone for granted.  I loved how upset Allen was in the post game.  He basically wanted to skip the fight song.  

The errors.  Coby penalty. The stupid PI on Fitz (ball wasn’t remotely catchable). The Henderson fumble.  The pick by Connor where he had a wide open Camper.  Bomba got away with a roughing.  Two missed FG’s.  Monster and Jaylin sleepwalking at times as seniors?  Come on, now.  Some stupid, undisciplined missed tackles.  I mean we were down 10-0 and it was all self inflicted.  Is IU the type of team that can just show up and play like that and win?  We need to play disciplined, fundamentally sound football and take it away from them.  And bring urgency.  Our intensity was notably different in the second half.  Gotta have that   You only get what 12-13 games?  This isn’t a 162 game baseball season.  Show up every freaking time.

I said it last week, but the guys that are making mistakes…there’s a bench for a reason.  We don’t need mistake prone guys out there making it harder for us.  Get them off the field until they prove in practice it’s over.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Wouldn't it be appropriate for IU and coach Allen to finish him off since Frost campaigned so openly to have IU on his schedule? Karma.

And after IU beat them, CTA say, "That's just the Frosting on the cake."

😁

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...