Best guess on mini-series package....

eddy4iu

It's been a very long time since I had to navigate an IU Academic year calendar but if I'm interpreting it correctly the basketball mini-series package this season will consist of Arkansas Little Rock, Jackson State, Elon, Kennesaw State and Northwestern. With the "marquee" game being Northwestern I think this may be my first year in quite a while to pass on buying 4 mini-series packages.

36 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

It's been a very long time since I had to navigate an IU Academic year calendar but if I'm interpreting it correctly the basketball mini-series package this season will consist of Arkansas Little Rock, Jackson State, Elon, Kennesaw State and Northwestern. With the "marquee" game being Northwestern I think this may be my first year in quite a while to pass on buying 4 mini-series packages.

Interesting to see only 5 games available.  In the years I did it before Covid, there were always 6 games in the pool.

The best seasons for the mini-package are when a game falls during Spring break.  Got to see IU v Rutgers on Sr. Night when Juwan Morgan was a Senior.

Just found this in my IU account:

IU Men's Basketball Mini-Series Package

2022-23 IU Men's Basketball Mini-Series
2022-23 IU Men's Basketball Mini-Series
Onsale: 9/19/2022 at 8:00 am

Information
  • PRICE:
    • Main Level: $270
    • Balcony: $155
    • IU Student: $100
  • PRIORITY DEADLINE: October 19, 2022
  • This package includes the following games:
    • Nov. 23 - Little Rock
    • Nov. 25 - Jackson State
    • Dec. 20 - Elon
    • Dec. 23 - Kennesaw State
    • Jan. 8 - Northwestern
  • There will be a limit of eight (8) main level seats per account. All seats will be assigned using the IU Athletics Priority Point Policy.
  • A maximum of four (4) seats will be assigned together on the first allocation pass of main level seats.
  • Per Big Ten policy, everyone entering into Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall must have a ticket, regardless of age.

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Interesting to see only 5 games available.  In the years I did it before Covid, there were always 6 games in the pool.

The best seasons for the mini-package are when a game falls during Spring break.  Got to see IU v Rutgers on Sr. Night when Juwan Morgan was a Senior.

Yep - there's usually a good B10 game or 2 that makes it worthwhile buying the package.  Good opportunity for folks who don't generally have access to take in some games and also good for folks coming back around the holidays.  It's good though that the only B10 game the students won't be around for is Northwestern.  Glad it's not one of the heavier hitters.

Edited by eddy4iu
  • Like 1

I've started coming up for one game a year. For the past couple of years, I've gone to the early Jan B1G games (2023=NW). But this year I'm coming up for the Nov 20th, Miami of Ohio game in Indy. Think it will be a little more competitve.

And I don't have to worry about winter weather driving back down to SC. Last year I got caught in the remnants of the ice store after OSU game when I hit KY. Hillbillies forgot to prep the road and I went 4 hours at 1 mph.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DWB said:

I've started coming up for one game a year. For the past couple of years, I've gone to the early Jan B1G games (2023=NW). But this year I'm coming up for the Nov 20th, Miami of Ohio game in Indy. Think it will be a little more competitve.

And I don't have to worry about winter weather driving back down to SC. Last year I got caught in the remnants of the ice store after OSU game when I hit KY. Hillbillies forgot to prep the road and I went 4 hours at 1 mph.

Miami (OH) game will be competitive?