NCAAF: Week #3

rico

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I agree that there needs to be more accountability from a penalty perspective and Brohm admitted that. But the Cuse guy shoved/initiated things after the PAT with Payne and then things went from there. Was he really “laying into the refs” though? He admitted that he’s been way worse a number of times and didn’t get penalized. I’ve seen Tom Allen scream at the officials before and no flag was thrown. To get two UC penalties on one play when there’s no fight involved seems unwarranted. Brohm said they sent some data to the head of officials so we’ll see what happens. 

Like I said, not sure about Brohm's penalty. We never get to see it, but I think there's likely a little more to it than he just got called out of the blue for stepping on the field. I still maintain he should have been barking at Durham, not the refs.

Hard disagree with your take on Durham's penalty, though. He was being much more aggressive, and he deserved to get flagged.  Hell, he should have gotten UC on the previous play, too.

51 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Like I said, not sure about Brohm's penalty. We never get to see it, but I think there's likely a little more to it than he just got called out of the blue for stepping on the field. I still maintain he should have been barking at Durham, not the refs.

Hard disagree with your take on Durham's penalty, though. He was being much more aggressive, and he deserved to get flagged.  Hell, he should have gotten UC on the previous play, too.

Fair enough. Can’t keep shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties that’s for sure. Last year we were one of the least penalized teams in the league but not off to a great start this year.