Cincinnati Pregame Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I love the team’s never quit attitude. I hope they find a way to pull it off. 

I’m really torn on this team. On one hand, the way they’ve played they’ll lose handily if they keep it up. 

on the other hand, it feels like we haven’t put it all together yet. Hopeful we can we do it this week.

1 hour ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I don’t know much about Cincinnati. What do they like to do offensively. 

QB has a big arm that can make all the throws, seem to have WR’s more than capable of taking the top off the defense. Decent running attack, stable of backs some of which seem quick and able to pop a big play. Will easily be the biggest test for our secondary this season.

That’s just from what I’ve seen of them.

Edited by IndyHoosier22

A win would be sensational. I would grudgingly, but contentedly accept us competing/looking like we belong on the field with UC (given opponent, on road, and how we've frankly been underwhelming in some key elements despite our record). The latter would instill some optimism that we can lock down a few more Ws against tough comp on remaining sched.

As always..... I love going over to enemy territory's message boards before a game. 95% of the time, opposing teams, fans are making fun of IU or Coach Allen and  guaranteeing an IU lose. 

This one below is from 247/Bearcat Journal message board.
  • dabecker
    Posted on 13 hrs, , User Since 189 months ago, User Post Count: 3919
    • 13 hrs
    • 189 months

Over on the IU board there are people who actually think IU will win this game.

^^^^^^These are the kind of comments that burn right through me. 0

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

As always..... I love going over to enemy territory's message boards before a game. 95% of the time, opposing teams, fans are making fun of IU or Coach Allen and  guaranteeing an IU lose. 

• dabecker
    • 13 hrs
    • 189 months

It's funny because we outplayed them for much of the game last year, only losing because of our own mistakes.

Cincinnati is a solid program, but they're not half as good as everyone makes them out to be.

Put them in the Big Ten East, and they'll be right on par with us, Rutgers, and Maryland.

I'm not convinced Cincy is really any better than Illinois is this year. Maybe offensively, but not defensively.

Regardless, I want our guys to feel slighted. We play much better when we have something to prove.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

• dabecker
    • 13 hrs
    • 189 months

Even if IU loses they get to go home to Bloomington and Cincinnati still has to live in Ohio. 

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

...and Cincinnati at that. I would hate to live there.

I usually don't, but because you posted earlier I just checked out one of their message boards.  Pretty insufferable fanbase (at least the ones posting on their forums).  You'd think they were Alabama the way they talk about themselves.  Also, a decent amount of vitriolic posts.

Lol, one of them is even upset they got compared to Purdue and Maryland, both teams I think Cincinnati would be more likely to lose to than beat this year.

We will have to play a very good game to get out of there with the W. Our own conference gives us no love. We have played a tough schedule to date and it only gets better from here. We were no fluke in 20 and 21. We seen a healthy Penix and what a good play caller can do as the Huskies trashed Sparty. Our coaching staff and our team was dismantled and yet here we sit at 3-0 and the talking heads of the big ten act like they hate it? Go Hooooooooosiers! 

• Like 2

The problem with IU which is usually the case when a team is trying to make another program jump is the O line and D Line continue to be problems. JH Tevis looks like the only solid one and O Like continues to be a struggle. There are only so many 6’5+ 250+pounds  athletic humans walking the earth and most are going to better football programs. Development on the D line and creative offense to help run game for O line is huge. I honestly think a more mobile QB like Ramsey is the best way to go for IU. Gives you more options in run game.

Edited by 5 championships

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

I usually don't, but because you posted earlier I just checked out one of their message boards.  Pretty insufferable fanbase (at least the ones posting on their forums).  You'd think they were Alabama the way they talk about themselves.  Also, a decent amount of vitriolic posts.

Lol, one of them is even upset they got compared to Purdue and Maryland, both teams I think Cincinnati would be more likely to lose to than beat this year.

EXACTLY!!! I thought the same thing about them. I know our fans don't talk like that, at least what I have ever read. I think we are level headed and respectful, for the majority/most part.

2 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

I had my fill of Cincy fans last year when I saw some of them saying McFadden was a dirty player and deserved to be ejected.