Cincinnati Game Thread

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I shouldn't be upset because I have seen this crap for 52 years of IU football.  We can never get top caliber coaches to come here and you can just tell the difference in the schemes good coaches run compared to what we run.  We also don't get enough high caliber players to compete at a high level.  I have said for years until we can keep the high 4 or 5 star Indiana players to stay in state we won't be able to compete.  It is obvious we can't recruit 4 or 5 star players from out of state so we are trying to compete with 4 star players.

1 minute ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Embarrassing! 

I'm neither upset nor embarrassed.  It's going to make me appreciate the basketball team even more.  

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder why it is so hard for IU to compete in football.  I don't expect to compete with OSU and UM of the world but there is no reason why we can't get to the level below them.  When I was growing up teams like UW and NW was laughing stocks of the big ten in both football and basketball but now most years they are really good. I also see others that over the years that were bad and now compete at a high level but IU can't 

Lot of bizarre personnel choices:

Parker Hanna is a guard not a tackle. 

Shivers is not a first down back.  Henderson should get those runs.

Michael Katic is not a starter at this level.  

Tim Weaver should not be splitting time with Khalil Benson   

Andison Coby plays way too much.  

If we kept Hiller one last year due to his contract, shame on everybody.  He likes power for his inside three guys.  It just doesn’t work.  The guys he is enamored with lack explosiveness and movement.  We don’t get running lanes.  This might be his last year but who on earth overpaid an assistant from Arkansas State?  They need to think that through. Spend the money right.  They haven’t performed and they haven’t gotten better regardless of who the OC is.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Lot of bizarre personnel choices:

Parker Hanna is a guard not a tackle. 

Shivers is not a first down back.  Henderson should get those runs.

Michael Katic is not a starter at this level.  

Tim Weaver should not be splitting time with Khalil Benson   

Andison Coby plays way too much.  

If we kept Hiller one last year due to his contract, shame on everybody.  He likes power for his inside three guys.  It just doesn’t work.  The guys he is enamored with lack explosiveness and movement.  We don’t get running lanes.  This might be his last year but who on earth overpaid an assistant from Arkansas State?  They need to think that through. Spend the money right.  They haven’t performed and they haven’t gotten better regardless of who the OC is.  

I get the Hiller hate, but this game is on the defense.