Nebraska pregame

This is a must win game. Cincy would have been a great win imo, but losing was more likely. The team showed some character in the 2nd half after getting their doors blown off in the second quarter. But a loss here and a successful season becomes very, very difficult. We beat what seems like an above average if not decent Illinois team. A loss to a dumpster fire Nebraska team would be bad. CTA's seat would start to get warm if this season goes into another tailspin like last year regardless of injuries. DJ Matthews is super important to this team, so he needs to stay healthy. I think the right tactic in this game is to throw a lot early, then run it down their throats.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

After we wax the corn shuckers,  when CTA shakes hands I hope he goes all Herman Boone and hands the Interim coach a Red Nose , then finds the former asst and goes all Joe Pesci How am I funny, funny like a clown on that douche  bag

https://www.google.com/search?q=joe+pesci+how+am+i+funny&oq=joe+pesci+how+am+i+funny&aqs=chrome..69i57.12019j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:85a78068,vid:Pfcy15ZUE2c,st:0

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

After we wax the corn shuckers,  when CTA shakes hands I hope he goes all Herman Boone and hands the Interim coach a Red Nose , then finds the former asst and goes all Joe Pesci How am I funny, funny like a clown on that douche  bag

https://www.google.com/search?q=joe+pesci+how+am+i+funny&oq=joe+pesci+how+am+i+funny&aqs=chrome..69i57.12019j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:85a78068,vid:Pfcy15ZUE2c,st:0

...you been drinkin' S? lol 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not yet, still working, too late to still be working on a friday

Have been off work the last 3 days but have worked harder these last 3 days than I would working. My son and his fiancee had their second child Wednesday so I have been baby sitting my 2.5 year old granddaughter.  I now understand why you have kids when you are young because it is hard work occupying a toddler all day long

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Have been off work the last 3 days but have worked harder these last 3 days than I would working. My son and his fiancee had their second child Wednesday so I have been baby sitting my 2.5 year old granddaughter.  I now understand why you have kids when you are young because it is hard work occupying a toddler all day long

I cannot wait for those days. That's part of the reason why Ayden is spoiled we are just to old to be mean. 

Enjoy those days my friend and congrats again papaw

Is it true that those guys are out?  They weren’t listed a day or two ago.  

Regarding the O-line, I’d like to see this unit 

LT Haggard 

LG Parker Hanna 

C Zach Carpenter 

RG Khalil Benson

RT Josh Sales 

I am a little concerned about Sales kicking out in pass pro, but Hanna has shown he doesn’t have the range.  Having said that, Hanna is a battler and just looking at his body, I think he could be a solid guard.  

Off the bench, Weaver and Katic can backup at guard.  I’ve also heard good things about Vinny Fiacable at guard.   They are likely trying to redshirt Bray Lynch but this is a kid who can be a good tackle.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jojo123 said:

This guy really is a shit show. The Rock does not even have a tunnel to run out of. 

The more I think about this guy and his comments (and admittedly, every second I do is waaaay more than I should), the more I simply shake my head.

How absolutely miserable does one have to be to criticize someone else who is:

-passionate about their job

-driven to motivate and inspire their players

-demanding of high character

-striving to instill an environment of accountability

-beloved by the majority of the players he motivates and inspires

-willing to take on an enormous challenge and change the perceptions of a moribund program

-oh, and not a domestic abuser

I think we can all agree those comments say more about him than Coach Allen.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

The more I think about this guy and his comments (and admittedly, every second I do is waaaay more than I should), the more I simply shake my head.

How absolutely miserable does one have to be to criticize someone else who is:

-passionate about their job

-driven to motivate and inspire their players

-demanding of high character

-striving to instill an environment of accountability

-beloved by the majority of the players he motivates and inspires

-willing to take on an enormous challenge and change the perceptions of a moribund program

-oh, and not a domestic abuser

I think we can all agree those comments say more about him than Coach Allen.

This