Nebraska Game Thread

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Totally agree. Looking at the schedule we will be.lucky to win 2 more games if not less. If we don't win 6 and go to a bowl game we need to clean house. This year's class is already looking bad and it is short on numbers. Another 3 or 4 win season will make recruiting even harder than it already is at IU. Next week we have UM for homecoming and on the Fox noon kickoff it could get ugly.

I seriously doubt if we will win another game this year. Allen and the entire staff need to go. Allen is a high school coach at best.  Another rebuild is on the horizon. Hopefully they get it right this time but I seriously doubt it.

Indiana Football Sucks! 

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I seriously doubt if we will win another game this year. Allen and the entire staff need to go. Allen is a high school coach at best.  Another rebuild is on the horizon. Hopefully they get it right this time but I seriously doubt it.

Indiana Football Sucks! 

MI State and Rutgers are only real chances at wins I see. But those are far from gimmes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D-BONE said:

Outplayed and outcoached by a weak opponent in turmoil.

IU football in my lifetime has only been good for like 12 years out of 52.  Our football program is not big ten caliber and will never be able to compete for the conference.  A good season for us is to finish 4th in the East and it appears that kind of season in the future will be hard to achieve.  Maryland looks like they will be better so that leaves us and Rutgers fighting for last place.

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Indiana Football Sucks! 

I have my doubts if any coach can win at IU. Like I have said many times but watching this crap for 52 years has shown me IU football will never be a consistent winner.  This team could be easy 1-4 if not for some fortunate plays at the end of games.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

IU football in my lifetime has only been good for like 12 years out of 52.  Our football program is not big ten caliber and will never be able to compete for the conference.  A good season for us is to finish 4th in the East and it appears that kind of season in the future will be hard to achieve.  Maryland looks like they will be better so that leaves us and Rutgers fighting for last place.

Oh, I know the history. Been an IU football since the 80s. Doesn't mean I'd like to be in the running for 6 wins on occasion.

Hard to say. It will always be a massive challenge for IU to try and get a legit HQ with our program track record. But the Allen thing was really more about the circumstances/timing than his being a legit candidate. Guy may have been a complete ass, but too bad about Wilson. I think he would have been about as good as you can do at IU had he not imploded.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

A question is if it totally implodes and don't win a game do you think Dolson would make a change. If he does, what coach is out there that would come to IU that would get you excited.  I see UI able to hire Bielema so why can't IU ever hire a proven HC.

Try and buy the Cincinnati staff...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Try and buy the Cincinnati staff...

Why would they leave UC for IU. They were able to make the playoffs at UC and will be moving to the big 12. They come to IU and they be competing for 4th place in the East. It is to late to get Deborer because Washington is a way better program and he will only leave for a top program.

We will have to go with a retreads that has HC experience at the power 5 level or a HC from a lower D1 level.

IU football is at a disadvantage compared to me at of the other big ten teams. We just don't generate enough revenue from game days and only Rutgers and NW probably makes less than IU. Even if we sell our every game we will make only half what teams like UM, OSU or PSU makes. Also football at IU and in Indiana is not as big as it in other big ten states.  Indiana doesn't produce a high amount of top caliber players but the ones we do produce IU don't get many.  We have UM and OSU coming in and getting the top players. We have 3 power 5 type programs in the state which makes it tough on IU to get the top players.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

A question is if it totally implodes and don't win a game do you think Dolson would make a change. If he does, what coach is out there that would come to IU that would get you excited.  I see UI able to hire Bielema so why can't IU ever hire a proven HC.

I have my heavy doubts that we would make a change even if we go winless the rest of the way. 

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have my doubts if any coach can win at IU. Like I have said many times but watching this crap for 52 years has shown me IU football will never be a consistent winner.  This team could be easy 1-4 if not for some fortunate plays at the end of games.

No coach from the MAC or some lame ass assistant. IU needs to pony up the MONEY for once for a Coach Kids fight over to play for. I dont care if its 10 million a year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

IU football is at a disadvantage compared to me at of the other big ten teams. We just don't generate enough revenue from game days and only Rutgers and NW probably makes less than IU. Even if we sell our every game we will make only half what teams like UM, OSU or PSU makes. Also football at IU and in Indiana is not as big as it in other big ten states.  Indiana doesn't produce a high amount of top caliber players but the ones we do produce IU don't get many.  We have UM and OSU coming in and getting the top players. We have 3 power 5 type programs in the state which makes it tough on IU to get the top players.

We have TV money like everyone else. Pay the money.

• Like 1

I hope Allen proves me wrong starting with a turn around this season. But it looks to be getting sideways quickly.

What I see currently is a historical arc bending towards the traditional IU football ineptitude. 2019 was legit. 2020 was too for what it was, but has to have an asterisk none the less. Last year has to go down as a massive underachievement. 

Most likely 2 bowl eligible seasons against 4 non (barring an unexpected turn around this year). What realistic wins are left on the schedule? Not just a chance, but you look at and say we can get that one.

Sadly, still solid in IU historical terms. Hence, I don't expect Allen getting axed any time soon given that and his recent extension through 2027. But I am not optimistic for much success from this point forward. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

I hope Allen proves me wrong starting with a turn around this season. But it looks to be getting sideways quickly.

What I see currently is a historical arc bending towards the traditional IU football ineptitude. 2019 was legit. 2020 was too for what it was, but has to have an asterisk none the less. Last year has to go down as a massive underachievement. 

Most likely 2 bowl eligible seasons against 4 non (barring an unexpected turn around this year). What realistic wins are left on the schedule? Not just a chance, but you look at and say we can get that one.

Sadly, still solid in IU historical terms. Hence, I don't expect Allen getting axed any time soon given that and his recent extension through 2027. But I am not optimistic for much success from this point forward. 

I am ready to move on from CTA.  If the administration wants a football team that is competitive then they should be ready to move on as well.  

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, rico said:

I am ready to move on from CTA.  If the administration wants a football team that is competitive then they should be ready to move on as well.  

Steep buyout until 12/1/24...

Screenshot_20221002-081712.thumb.png.213dfeec90af35ff4f343a0da93d403d.png

Of course I thought the main obstacle to firing Archie Miller was the $10 million dollar buyout, but, boy was I wrong... 

• Like 6