2023-2024 Schedule

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Did you ever go to one of the old 50/50 splits at the old Hoosier Dome or Freedom Hall?  Those were awesome. I could live with something like that. 

I went to the Hoosier Dome for the UK game once.  Also, saw a Purdue game there in one of those years we only had 1 conference game with them.  I just don't like to watch games in those cavernous arenas.  Was just talking to my son about this. Being in a neutral site just takes away from the rivalry for me.   I'm happier with the Kansas series because it is a home and home.  But, I suspect that if UK is revived, it will be at the expense of Kansas.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Hope it is on rotating neutral sites with Indy and Louisville like the old days.  Miss the split crowds, was awesome to watch.  I could care less about a home and home series and don’t understand why people get so hung up on it.  There’s other programs, like Kansas, for that.  Gotta start thinking like a national program and not a mom & pops setup.

Edited by ThePaulieWalnuts
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Hope it is on rotating neutral sites with Indy and Louisville like the old days.  Miss the split crowds, was awesome to watch.  I could care less about a home and home series and don’t understand why people get so hung up on it.  There’s other programs, like Kansas, for that.  Gotta start thinking like a national program and not a mom & pops setup.

Prolly because they think college games should be played on their prospective campus/arena not like semi pro league they try to be is how I see the reasoning. I like games at Assembly better then X-stadium in a city not their campus with all that goes with being on campus vs in a parking garage at Yum downtown Louisville, just saying.

5 hours ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

You play Arizona, Gonzaga, Duke on neutral sites.  You play your hated rival at home.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rico said:

I really don't know where I stand on this other than to say that I have sort of moved on from UK.  I can take the game or leave it.  Now meeting them in the tournament is a different conversation.

This is where I'm at.  I'd much rather have a chance to crush their inbred dreams when it counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like the series being revived.  It's meaningful.  I'd prefer the home-home thing.  It doesn't get much more electric of an atmosphere than the Wat-shot game.

Having said that, I can live with the neutral sites.  It's a high profile, national game with a rich history.  I think it's good across the board for us, e.g., our profile, recruiting, playing a big game, etc.  There is one benefit of playing in a big game on a neutral site, it sensitizes you to it and gives you experience that way.

I am 100% for renewing the series, and I think it is a good thing for the program writ large.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1