Michigan Game Thread

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If they make a change, the mystery is who takes over the spot on the fly without truly knowing the players?  Furthermore, a huge problem is player development and getting guys playing in concert.  Making a change on the fly is hardly going to fix all that.  

Do or die next weekend.

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If they make a change, the mystery is who takes over the spot on the fly without truly knowing the players?  Furthermore, a huge problem is player development and getting guys playing in concert.  Making a change on the fly is hardly going to fix all that.  

The main change would be an assistant getting canned and another assistant taking over for the rest of the year. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

True.  But they need more than that imo.  I dunno, the frustration is getting the best of me with this line.

We don't use the middle of the field at all and it seems like most of the time the receivers just run a go route for a back shoulder throw. This takes touch time which we don't have.  I see other team scheme their WR to get side open by doing crossing routes and seeing receivers running free over the middle.

I will say this. Allen hasn’t been pleased with the OL play at all. Hiller looked defeated on the sideline yesterday other than his argument with Bedford that was supposedly broken up by Tuttle. I didn’t see that but heard talk of it happening. I still think Allen wanted to make the move in the off-season but wasn’t able to contrary to popular belief. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Rumor on Rivals is saying Hiller is going to retire after the season 

How about early retirement, like today.  I so think his contract is over at the end of the year so it would cost you much to fire him now.  If I am correct doesn't each position coach recruit for that position. It seems like Hiller can't scout well or he can't develop players.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How about early retirement, like today.  I so think his contract is over at the end of the year so it would cost you much to fire him now.  If I am correct doesn't each position coach recruit for that position. It seems like Hiller can't scout well or he can't develop players.

I don’t know how IU sets up recruiting but typically a coach is assigned to a state or two and not done by position.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I don’t know how IU sets up recruiting but typically a coach is assigned to a state or two and not done by position.

It’s typically a combination of coaches that are assigned regions but also who the position coach wants to target as well.

19 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Hiller has been at my son’s school.  He was recruiting people from 2-3 different positions, including OL.