Echoes from the past

rico

7 minutes ago, rico said:

An old TV commercial from 1977.  Look closely.

"Greg, you're the manager. Marcia, you watch the 'have it your way' bar. Peter, you flip burgers and fry the 'Skipper's Treats'. Bobby you're on the shake machine and 'Fun Meals', and Cindy, you're on fries... Alice, grab a mop. Burger Chef and Jeff, grab some bench... I'll do the talking." 

🙂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Those were the days...

My wife worked at Burger Chef in Belleville, Illinois all through high school... She knows all the secrets, including the fact that Big Shef sauce was in fact tartar sauce... 

It is amazing how the fast food industry has grown in my lifetime, but back in the day Burger Chef was king in my section of the world.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rico said:

It is amazing how the fast food industry has grown in my lifetime, but back in the day Burger Chef was king in my section of the world.

Anybody else have a "Just Rite" burger place in their town? Burgers were ok, but best fries around... 

72725202_2725922304097872_1173929941998239744_n.thumb.jpg.d48394be5c0ba19ede1495b4b61ebe2e.jpg

• Like 1