Hiller has been fired

DC2345

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Win this week and the grand scheme of things, no there isn't. 

I disagree. Last season we were the worst team in the conference. This year, we may very well be again.

I hope for the best, I cheer every week. But I just have not seen much to be encouraged about. 

I am 100% hoping I am wrong and we take off. Just have not seen anything to make ke me optimistic about it.

27 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I disagree. Last season we were the worst team in the conference. This year, we may very well be again.

I hope for the best, I cheer every week. But I just have not seen much to be encouraged about. 

I am 100% hoping I am wrong and we take off. Just have not seen anything to make ke me optimistic about it.

4-3 if you win. 🤷‍♂️ 

Find 2 more. It's literally that simple. 

It's 100% its a week to week  evaluation of Tom Allen, is what is.... win this week and we've got a shot. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

It was time for Hiller to go, overdue. Does not make me happy. His firing means that the program failed. Failed in a hiring decision. Failed a group of players who he coached. Failed the rest of the team by his unit not holding up their part. 
I’m hoping that some new energy will elevate the O-line to perform better. I’m hoping that the new coach can get out of these guys what Hiller couldn’t. Attitude is everything and if there was mistrust and animosity between the players and their position coach, I’m hoping that is not a problem any longer.

I also believe that the loss of Bedford was a huge blow to this unit and can’t be overlooked when evaluating the first 6 weeks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Wouldn't making a bowl game have paid for getting rid of Hiller sooner?

Should have had some balls and acted sooner. It's just money anyway. 

CTA let Deland M. walk over this issue. It cost us Daeh, may cost us Desan in the offseason and most importantly, cost us perhaps the best RB coach in the country who can recruit with the best of em. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to be moving on from Hiller but this “cost savings” initiative cost the program tenfold. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

CTA let Deland M. walk over this issue. It cost us Daeh, may cost us Desan in the offseason and most importantly, cost us perhaps the best RB coach in the country who can recruit with the best of em. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to be moving on from Hiller but this “cost savings” initiative cost the program tenfold. 

Yep. McCullough hurt on multiple levels. 

9 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

If they had the money to go out and get Craig Johnson they had $500k to buyout Hiller. I believe this to be nothing more than a cop out/lame excuse from CTA if true. 

Nope, when the coaches left that did they used that money to replace them. Allen had to pay to fire Sheridan not the athletic department and he wasn’t paying to replace 2 assistants himself. 

9 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

This was always message board bs. Notre Dame handed out the money $ to land a good running back coach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Thats silly 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

If they had the money to go out and get Craig Johnson they had $500k to buyout Hiller. I believe this to be nothing more than a cop out/lame excuse from CTA if true. 

Yeah, Allen seems like someone that just blatantly lies and is an immoral person.

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

This was always message board bs. Notre Dame handed out the money $ to land a good running back coach.

DMC publicly turned down the Giants (to become the highest paid RB coach in the NFL) and was the 5th highest paid RB coach in the country in the one year he came back. He conceded in an interview that the Giants offer was more than ND’s (and that’s all we know because his ND salary isn’t public) and reiterated his main goal to become a college head coach saying “success at ND would put me in a position to achieve that”. He gave up an AHC role to leave IU despite his stated goal. It tells you everything you need to know. This move had nothing to do about money. 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

100% correct. There is nothing to like about this TEAM, except a couple of good players on each side of the ball.

My thoughts, can the New O line coach make a big difference right away! No I don’t think so. Hopefully we will show improvement before season end.  If he’d had a cure I think he would have already stepped forward with it. 
Will a better offensive line help some of our other ills. Yes, Maybe we could stay on the field longer and help keep the defense fresher. Maybe we could actually score, that might make the other team take some chances! Could get more turnovers! Could help our QB be more accurate! Have a better run game! 
I don’t see the OLine players everyday so don’t know we got some studs are the new guy will need to hit the transfer Portal hard! I think he will need to score some big time linemen in the Portal. 

3 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

DMC publicly turned down the Giants (to become the highest paid RB coach in the NFL) and was the 5th highest paid RB coach in the country in the one year he came back. He conceded in an interview that the Giants offer was more than ND’s (and that’s all we know because his ND salary isn’t public) and reiterated his main goal to become a college head coach saying “success at ND would put me in a position to achieve that”. He gave up an AHC role to leave IU despite his stated goal. It tells you everything you need to know. This move had nothing to do about money. 

I never said it was all about money. However it was a factor. By going to Notre Dame he got closer to being a college head coach. The AHC role is nothing more than a title used to add some extra bucks to a contract and allows that coach to step in if the HC ever has to miss any time. Him leaving wasn’t about the OL coach but believe what you want.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I never said it was all about money. However it was a factor. By going to Notre Dame he got closer to being a college head coach. The AHC role is nothing more than a title used to add some extra bucks to a contract and allows that coach to step in if the HC ever has to miss any time. Him leaving wasn’t about the OL coach but believe what you want.

So you are saying we should have made Deland our HC?