Email Newsletter

14 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Will we be seeing a more complex approach on offense with more activity away from the ball? 

or, Will we see an offense that is more in attack mode in the full court and with more personnel operating aggressively with the ball in their hands?

Surely.  Rob's strength was attacking but his confidence to finish was about 25%

Parker literally never attacked.  Shot 1.5 2 pt field goals a game.  Probably just a handful actually came from his attack mode.  

Tamar just wasn't ready last year physically.  I think his mentality is go get buckets.  He looks physically ready this year.  I'm hopeful.  

If JHS is anywhere near a resemblance of Jason Kidd, he's attacking.  X we already know, straight up attack.  Galloway attacks but I'd like him to cut down on the errors.  

And let's pray this team doesn't stand and watch Trayce.  I'm extremely hopeful.  Think about the success of the out of bounds plays that CMW implemented last year.  I think the offense takes a big step forward too   

Thanks, Sam.  Your stuff is great.   Feel free to pick as few or as many of these as you wish.

1.  How is Banks looking in practice?  Is he playing wing as he suggested?

2.  Is Geronimo going to get run at the 3 as he wants?  Is he playing out there in practice?

3.  Is Bates improved enough defensively and taking it personally?  He has reportedly improved his jumper and gotten stronger.

4.  Do you expect Trayce to take some face up jumpers?

5.  Is Logan going to get in the rotation?

6.  How is recruiting looking?  Any particular recruits looking to be in IU's favor.  Raleigh Burgess and Caleb Williams sure look interested.  How about others?

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks, Sam.  You're stuff is great.   Feel free to pick as few or as many of these as you wish.

2.  Is Geronimo going to get run at the 3 as he wants?  Is he playing out there in practice?

3.  Is Bates improved enough defensively and taking it personally?  He has reportedly improved his jumper and gotten stronger.

6.  How is recruiting looking?  Any particular recruits looking to be in IU's favor.  Raleigh Burgess and Caleb Williams sure look interested.  How about others?

Great questions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who is responsible for teaching shooting?  In college overall, and at Indiana specifically?

What does that teaching consist of? 

We still have players who shoot with terribly incorrect form.  Most easily seen with free throws, but 3-point shots are too flat too often.

I'd love to know what IU is doing about this, if anything.  And having an assistant coach walk by and yell "hey, get a little air under that shot" and then continuing to walk away doesn't qualify as teaching.  (This actually happened when Woodson first arrived.  We then finished last in BigTen shooting for the 5th year in a row.)

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks, Sam.  Your stuff is great.   Feel free to pick as few or as many of these as you wish.

4b. And where do you see these jumpers coming from? TJD made a few just inside the top of the key at the end of last season. This spot seems the most obvious to keep the defense honest in the pick and roll. Will he ‘fan out’ and shoot closer to the wing 15 feet out? Woody mentioned in an interview that TJD doesn’t need to shoot the 3, but do you think he will he pul the trigger if open? Will he even venture out past 15-18 feet unless it’s to set a screen?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Surely.  Rob's strength was attacking but his confidence to finish was about 25%

Parker literally never attacked.  Shot 1.5 2 pt field goals a game.  Probably just a handful actually came from his attack mode.  

Tamar just wasn't ready last year physically.  I think his mentality is go get buckets.  He looks physically ready this year.  I'm hopeful.  

If JHS is anywhere near a resemblance of Jason Kidd, he's attacking.  X we already know, straight up attack.  Galloway attacks but I'd like him to cut down on the errors.  

And let's pray this team doesn't stand and watch Trayce.  I'm extremely hopeful.  Think about the success of the out of bounds plays that CMW implemented last year.  I think the offense takes a big step forward too   

I think that if we can keep more defenders engaged more of the time, even by a little, driving lanes and post moves will open up that much more...If Race is a threat from three we can run the high low with much more spacing as well...