High School Hoops

rico

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That happened to you guys on your first title year one didn't it? 🤣

We shouldn't have beaten you that year, ever, but I'm sure Hoffman used it to fuel their tourney run.  

Yep.  It did.  That said, I think you guys are set up well in conference.  Even if you should slip up once, there is no other team capable of going undefeated.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

But, even if they somehow beat you, they would find a way to lose at least one game they should win.  They always seem to do that.

I think BC will have 6-7 guys on their roster that are 6'4 or taller. Something we don't have a lot of usually. 

We will hide Jack defensively sometimes, same way NA did with Romeo. 

I think we will play a fair amount of 2-3 and our half crt 1-2-2. Use our length to disrupt teams, compared to usually using our quickness. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

This ought to start some conversation!

Greatest High School Basketball Teams of All Time.

No 1969 Indianapolis Washington?

🤣🤣🤣 

The Final 4 that year had 3 undefeated teams (Indianapolis Washington, Marion, and Vincennes) and Gary Tolleston had only lost 1 game (to a team from Chicago)...

3 guys who played pro ball (McGinnis, Downing, Wayne Pack) 

I don't see how they didn't make the list... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

No 1969 Indianapolis Washington?

🤣🤣🤣 

The Final 4 that year had 3 undefeated teams (Indianapolis Washington, Marion, and Vincennes) and Gary Tolleston had only lost 1 game (to a team from Chicago)...

3 guys who played pro ball (McGinnis, Downing, Wayne Pack) 

I don't see how they didn't make the list... 

Knew this would start some convo! A lot of the teams listed had losses on the season, how can they be the greatest?

38 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Knew this would start some convo! A lot of the teams listed had losses on the season, how can they be the greatest?

They had the 1971 East Chicago Washington (Trgovich, Stoddard, Bridgeman) team listed 12th. Indy Washington of 69 was at least that good. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

1978 Washington Hatchets could be on there. They went 27-2 and beat Ben Davis at Hinkle Field House. Lost to Bloomington South in regular season and Terre Haute South on a last second play in semi state championship game. 

Very good team...just poorly coached.

At first I was dying laughing because that list at 2009 Bloom S as the 75th ranked team.... I thought this was for our state only, for the whole country... that's pretty cool and well deserved. That Bloom S team was unreal. 5 D1 dudes and the skill level to boot. Insane. 

Where was the 1969 Indpls Wash team ranked? The rest of the article is not loading well for me. 

Edited by btownqb