National News '22-'23 Season

rico

13 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

So you don’t think TJD and his friend can take a day or two off to go visit his brother who plays at UT?

It wasn't actually a serious post. Someone says JHS is the hardest worker and a Purdue poster raises an eyebrow and it's implied perhaps nobody else on the team works hard (an extreme take).  It all seems pretty ridiculous from an innocent original comment.  They really need to start the season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Watching Kentucky only up 9 on D2 Missouri Western State.

With 11 minutes left UK has scored 37 points... Tshiebwe not playing 

Random UK fan's post on Rupp Rafters:

- Scored 56 pts vs this? This is a re-occurring kind of team at UK for last few years under Cal.
- Same old bullcrap offensive sets....
a. Screens are all cutting away from basket
b. We'll break out the dumbass weave to nowhere for Howard
c. Nobody has post game....so it's jumpshot or bust. And we run a pretty bad motion sets to get good looks
d. Terrified to ball pressure/trap or press....so teams just dictate to us from game to game. We never establish our will on people
e. Wheeler never gets attentions...so the lane clogs up as we always predicted

What am I missing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

I know it's 2 years vs 4, but I'm taking Zeller over Happ.

If it wasn't for his NBA rings, is Draymond Green a 1st teamer? If it wasn't for Steph and Klay, he isn't even close to those rings.

Give me E Moore over Carsen Edwards 

zeller over Sullinger who didn’t defend 

AJ Hammons might be the best defensive center 

Stephens at Penn State was tough 

Garza doesn’t qualify ?

18 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Watching Kentucky only up 9 on D2 Missouri Western State.

With 11 minutes left UK has scored 37 points... Tshiebwe not playing 

Yeah, I thought they looked like dog💩 without Tshiebwe.  They'd best hope he doesn't get hurt this season.  They had one guard stroking it pretty well from distance but beyond that, I would have been very frustrated coaching that hot mess.

• Like 1

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I thought they looked like dog💩 without Tshiebwe.  They'd best hope he doesn't get hurt this season.  They had one guard stroking it pretty well from distance but beyond that, I would have been very frustrated coaching that hot mess.

That was the Fredricks kid that transferred to UK from Iowa...Glad he transferred...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That was the Fredricks kid that transferred to UK from Iowa...Glad he transferred...

Me too.  He looks like a player.  I don't think UK is a top 5 team even with Tshiebwe, frankly.  The rest of the team has a long way to go, even if you consider they were probably playing down to the competition.  Just very ragged and undisciplined.  Best thing you could say is that they appeared to play pretty hard on defense.

On 10/27/2022 at 2:11 PM, Drroogh said:

Question for anyone or everyone was JHS being talked about like this last spring? Or is this just since he’s had a chance to train and practice at IU?

I think there hasn't been as much hype about him around IU because he's not from Indiana, and people probably didn't see him play in high school. 

I've grown a bit weary over the years of IU people massively overhyping our players. If JHS is really going to be this good, then that's awesome, but I haven't forgotten how much chirping there was about Jerome Hunter being the second-best player on the court in practice, how Rob Phinisee was underrated, Anthony Leal hits everything he puts up, Tamar Bates is one and done, etc. 

I looked through 3 mock drafts and JHS wasn't in any of them. I found one that had him going in the second round....in 2024. If he's good enough to show up on a draft board this year, we're going to be a lot more fun to watch. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think there hasn't been as much hype about him around IU because he's not from Indiana, and people probably didn't see him play in high school. 

I've grown a bit weary over the years of IU people massively overhyping our players. If JHS is really going to be this good, then that's awesome, but I haven't forgotten how much chirping there was about Jerome Hunter being the second-best player on the court in practice, how Rob Phinisee was underrated, Anthony Leal hits everything he puts up, Tamar Bates is one and done, etc. 

I looked through 3 mock drafts and JHS wasn't in any of them. I found one that had him going in the second round....in 2024. If he's good enough to show up on a draft board this year, we're going to be a lot more fun to watch. 

I saw one having him going 30th to the Pacers.

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I mean the flip side is Eric Gordon, Cody Zeller, Yogi Ferrell, Maurice Creek, Noah Vonleh, Thomas Bryant, TJD, Romeo Langford, how much Victor Oladipo was reported to have improved, etc.

Most, or at least many, of our 5* and high 4* recruits have been studs from the start. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

So indeed.com is showing an opening for a bagman in the southwest Tennessee area? 🙂

Man living twenty years in the heart of the SEC, that wasn't even a joke. People would complain that their bagmen weren't good enough! On the other hand now that I'm back in Michigan I had to laugh and comment when a MI fan commented about Ohio like they were some inbred Alabaman's😂

• Haha 1