Caleb Furst Commits to Purdue

cybergates

11 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

It's probably better he goes to PU than MSU, given he was looking likely to stay in the B1G. MSU would have liked paired him with a really good guard, not so much at purdue.

Jaden Ivey? Unless you meant strictly in the ‘21 class. If so, last spot could either go to a 3 like Harrison Ingram or a guy like Max Christie (who likely won’t be able to say no to Duke unfortunately). 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Holy crap that’s a big one for us. If we could somehow land Harrison Ingram too I’d be ecstatic. 

Rivalry aside, FREAKIN nice pickup and IM ESTATIC that Coach IZZO lost another hi profile INDIANA recruit!!!  The days are finally over that this BUM steals our talent!!!  IU, Purdue & Butler MUST retain our own talent from MSU, KenSUCKY, PUKE or CAROLINA at ALL COST!!!  No MORE!

1 hour ago, GrangerHoosier said:

It's probably better he goes to PU than MSU, given he was looking likely to stay in the B1G. MSU would have liked paired him with a really good guard, not so much at purdue.

I’m glad PU got him instead of MSU.. I just despise Izzo that much! Can’t stand that guy! Let’s his players rape girls and Cry’s about everything! 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Jaden Ivey? Unless you meant strictly in the ‘21 class. If so, last spot could either go to a 3 like Harrison Ingram or a guy like Max Christie (who likely won’t be able to say no to Duke unfortunately). 

Max Christie? Easy there Boiler lets not get to excited now and let’s stay realistic. Don’t ever see that happening. 

8 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Max Christie? Easy there Boiler lets not get to excited now and let’s stay realistic. Don’t ever see that happening. 

A guy can dream can’t he?

We have a really good shot at Harrison Ingram who’s ranked 3 spots better than Christie. Hopefully with only one more spot left it’ll create a sense of urgency for someone else to jump on board. 

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Exactly. You'll have him with Jaden Ivey. I was referring to an elite guard. That's not Ivey, I've seen him play a bunch. 

46 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Exactly. You'll have him with Jaden Ivey. I was referring to an elite guard. That's not Ivey, I've seen him play a bunch. 

Agree to disagree. I think Ivey will be one of the best guards Painter has ever had. 

What makes him not elite?

33 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agree to disagree. I think Ivey will be one of the best guards Painter has ever had. 

What makes him not elite?

I see a lot of similarities to Carsen Edwards in Ivey. Ivey's a little bigger.  I think Painter is building a nice roster.  

31 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Great get. I would have loved to see him as a Hoosier along side Kaufman.  I think that if we get Kaufman it's the best fit for both players and programs.  Congrats Boiler . PS I still hate PU

Thanks for the kudos. PS I don’t hate you haha. 

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Thanks for the kudos. PS I don’t hate you haha. 

I dont hate you or any PU people just everything about Purdue lol. Mostly i hate losing to Purdue I for one can admit that I am jealous that you have a solid program that plays hard and as far as I can tell do things the right way. I hope we are building that type of foundation now

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont hate you or any PU people just everything about Purdue lol. Mostly i hate losing to Purdue I for one can admit that I am jealous that you have a solid program that plays hard and as far as I can tell do things the right way. I hope we are building that type of foundation now

I would love to have the series competitive where we’re both consistently in the top 25. It’s one of the best rivalries in basketball and it’d be cool to see that again. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Thank you sir! The moderator on rivals dropped a big hint yesterday that a commitment was imminent so it was hours of speculation and hitting refresh haha. 

That moderator is one touchy fella.  

I guess it's unrealistic to completely lock-down the state, but a player like this seems to always end up being a thorn in our side.  PU fans are rightfully happy with this commitment.

That said, I'll be 100% fine with missing Furst if we can get Mohammed.  Actually, I'd be downright giddy (especially if we also add Kaufman).

Archived