Caleb Furst Commits to Purdue

cybergates

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I though I was on GBI  with all this Purduche love. Need to take a shower after really all this. 

I don't really get it.......

Five to six pages dedicated to probably the fifth best player in the state of Indiana right now; just because he verballed to PUke.   Yawn.

McHoop

7 minutes ago, McHoop said:

Five to six pages dedicated to probably the fifth best player in the state of Indiana right now; just because he verballed to PUke.   Yawn.

McHoop

Actually this thread has gone back in time talking about past Purdue recruits.  

16 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Swanigan went from:

10 ppg, 8 rpg, 2 apg, 29% 3pt shooter, 52% from 2, PER of 15, 0.2 bpg

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18 ppg, 13 rpg, 3 apg, 45% 3 pt shooter, 55% from 2, 0.8 bpg, and a PER OF....26......

HE FOR SURE DEVELOPED and his productivity doubled.  His shooting percentage from 3 significantly developed..  Don't die on this hill.  

I'm sure playing with/behind AJ Hammons his freshman year and not having to his sophomore year had nothing to do with the increase. The argument could be made that he should have had better stats his freshman year being a 5*.

Also, saying that Painter developed/made a 5* McD's All-American into a 1st round pick isn't saying much.

17 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I'm sure playing with/behind AJ Hammons his freshman year and not having to his sophomore year had nothing to do with the increase. The argument could be made that he should have had better stats his freshman year being a 5*.

Also, saying that Painter developed/made a 5* McD's All-American into a 1st round pick isn't saying much.

It probably played a small role but not a big one. He had to play alongside Haas his sophomore year. 

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

See page 17, ninth post by IUwins.....

Yes! That's what I am waiting for!  I was checking in every hour and didn't sleep until yesterday...I thought I missed the announcement. 

I am always waiting for something that makes Purdue look bad! Thinking of that has anyone seen HTD? 😀🤯

1 hour ago, McHoop said:

McHoop

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Fifth? 

It’s at least debatable especially with Wesley rising fast.

Khristian Lander, Jalen Washington, Trey Kaufman, Blake Wesley 

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Both sides of this argument have merit.  

• Painter can and has developed players
  • Painter is not good at putting players in the NBA

Seems to me that Painter's recruiting strategy is realistic. He rarely goes after 5 stars, but brings in top 100 or top 150 every year, and develops them. He's having a down year this season, but before this season, he had 4 straight seasons of 25 wins or more (2 Sweet 16s and 1 Elite 8). Considering PU not being a basketball blueblood, Painter's done quite well, and I think he's going to be there for a long long time. What he has done works for PU.

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Haarms is 8 feet tall and does not even start.  Exactly how has he developed?  

If anything, he's regressed.  He's basically a skinny shot-blocker this year.  He looked a lot better when he had a bunch of senior talent around him.

Archived