Caleb Furst Commits to Purdue

cybergates

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

I don’t understand why people that don’t want to partake in the thread anymore can’t just not click on it.  Am I missing something?  I agree this has been a good discussion that I have enjoyed reading.  Much better than talking about Ketchup and hot seats and what version of DG showed up to the most recent game.  It’s good to get away from the usual things that always come up.

I, for one....can’t stand seeing threads of former IU targets that read “Commits to ...(insert non-IU college here) ...”. Yes, it’s a message board and free at that...but I would much rather see IU fans invest in present and potential future IU players, not ones that said “NO” to IU. JMO....

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

I don’t understand why people that don’t want to partake in the thread anymore can’t just not click on it.  Am I missing something?  I agree this has been a good discussion that I have enjoyed reading.  Much better than talking about Ketchup and hot seats and what version of DG showed up to the most recent game.  It’s good to get away from the usual things that always come up.

To be fair, some people might want to read about Furst and click on the thread only to be bombarded with numerous posts about Swanigan's NBA career. That can be irritating.

I have always maintained that Purdue doesn't bother me and that is completely true.  Although I love it when we beat them in competition.  That being said I think that Furst is the finest recruit the Boilers have ever landed.  And I mean in my lifetime, not just when Painter has been the HC.  I think Caleb trumps the Big Dog...JMHO.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

I have always maintained that Purdue doesn't bother me and that is completely true.  Although I love it when we beat them in competition.  That being said I think that Furst is the finest recruit the Boilers have ever landed.  And I mean in my lifetime, not just when Painter has been the HC.  I think Caleb trumps the Big Dog...JMHO.

Looking forward to the next 5 years worth of Furst/first puns haha. 

On 3/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, IUwins0708 said:

We're waiting.mp4 334.08 kB · 0 downloads

One of my favorite movies.  Haven’t heard anything new.  Probably be the weekend before I do, if it’s true.

We're waiting.mp4 334.08 kB · 0 downloads

One of my favorite movies.  Haven’t heard anything new.  Probably be the weekend before I do, if it’s true.

How was your weekend? 😉

On 3/6/2020 at 7:49 PM, rico said:

Let me be the Furst to say I am more of a limerick guy.  

There once was a young lad from Blackhawk.

All he did was make for a bunch of recruiting talk.

Purdue got Furst.

IU's bubble burst.

The noise is deafening now as we listen to HSN squawk.

3 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

I'm certainly not a veteran on this board, but hasn't it typically been the practice to move a recruit thread to the General Basketball Discussion thread once they've committed elsewhere?  No big deal, just asking.

If the recruit picks IU, yes...

If they pick another school, especially Purdue or Kentucky, I'd rather the mods just stick a fork in it...

Archived