Caleb Furst Commits to Purdue

cybergates

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Think that’s a random poster who became a mod haha. The premium guy doesn’t really do anything with the free board. 

So, is the free Purdue board something like regular cow poop, while the premium board contains 100% Grade A manure from only the most well bred cattle?

28 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Go for it. You can designate yourself as Mr. Plunger. I liked that gif. Thought it was funny. We lose a recruit, but at least we can laugh about it and move on. 

NO THANK YOU!!! Not everyone shares our senee of humor. Get more PM'S over that than all others combined 

12 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ve been told some interesting news on this young mans recruitment.  Keep your eyes and ears open folks.  Once I can get more concrete evidence l will share. Not a good look from PU staff if true.....

Hmm, you’ve got my attention 

13 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ve been told some interesting news on this young mans recruitment.  Keep your eyes and ears open folks.  Once I can get more concrete evidence l will share. Not a good look from PU staff if true.....

Thanks. This isn't a shot at Purdue or whatever but when a school who rarely ventures into the upper world of recruiting gets one it does make you say hmmmm kind of like the Swanigan recruitment. Or honestly the Cockburn recruitment at Illinois. He committed out of nowhere when team, staff, and fans wanted the whole thing blown up. 

Appreciate you letting us know if you feel comfortable sharing.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks. This isn't a shot at Purdue or whatever but when a school who rarely ventures into the upper world of recruiting gets one it does make you say hmmmm kind of like the Swanigan recruitment. Or honestly the Cockburn recruitment at Illinois. He committed out of nowhere when team, staff, and fans wanted the whole thing blown up. 

Appreciate you letting us know if you feel comfortable sharing.

Whoa!  Furst is an Indiana kid.  And let's be completely honest here...CMP is pretty damn good coaching big men.  Caleb even brought that up in the interview I posted.

Just now, rico said:

Whoa!  Furst is an Indiana kid.  And let's be completely honest here...CMP is pretty damn good coaching big men.  Caleb even brought that up in the interview I posted.

Yep. So was Swanigan....and I'm not take any shots here. I think Painter seems like a good guy and at times a good leader....just saying on the recruitment side. He rarely gets top 25 kids....maybe 2-3 during his decade plus at the helm? Just saying it makes you curious is all. 

In terms of big men. Yes. Painter has a history of developing good college big men. In terms of developing them for pros? You'll have to ask Swanigan that one.

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I guess we can delete my post about us being better than Purdue turds and not accusing Purdue of cheating.  The one that got like 10 likes.  

Can we wait for the additional intel (if provided) before we go down this path. No one is saying cheating. Let's make that real clear. I said when someone who doesn't venture into upper echelon recruiting ever gets one....it makes you ask why? Maybe a coach with close ties to the kid was hired? Maybe something else? While not cheating it's a gray area and would look a little suspect.

I'll refrain from commenting on this recruitment again. My apologies. Haha

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Can we wait for the additional intel (if provided) before we go down this path. No one is saying cheating. Let's make that real clear. I said when someone who doesn't venture into upper echelon recruiting ever gets one....it makes you ask why? Maybe a coach with close ties to the kid was hired? Maybe something else? While not cheating it's a gray area and would look a little suspect.

I'll refrain from commenting on this recruitment again. My apologies. Haha

Fair to wait.  But like most of these rumors, little if no evidence.  Do any of us really see painter as a cheat?

Maybe Nike got involved.   Maybe Purdue is forward thinking and laid out his future marketing opportunities?  John Deere, case, Becks, rural king, tractor supply commercials.

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Fair to wait.  But like most of these rumors, little if no evidence.  Do any of us really see painter as a cheat?

Maybe Nike got involved.   Maybe Purdue is forward thinking and laid out his future marketing opportunities?  John Deere, case, Becks, rural king, tractor supply commercials.

Or maybe Blackhawk's HC is gonna be Painter's new assistant?  LOL  I jest.

Archived