Caleb Furst Commits to Purdue

cybergates

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well if he is only interested in playing the 4...then I could see us prioritizing the others over him. However if he is willing to play the 5 (a desperate need) then honestly he is right up there.

The head to head matchup between Furst and Kaufman on 12/14 will be compelling .  I can see if one of them significantly outplays the other, the fanbase will swing support heavily in that direction,  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I really like both, I would love to have both but I think we are in better position with Kaufman and if we can only have 1 I prefer Kaufman. A left post player does make me happy. Forget it, just go get both Archie!!!

After losing Brooks and Garcia I would love to go after both. At this point UK and UL are going to be hot and heavy for Lander and Kaufman...if we strike out on the big 3 in the state next year...that would not be good.

20 minutes ago, Nesquik1 said:

Rivals just put out an article from a national that guys that said He expects the Kaufman re recruitment to come down to Xavier and Purdue. Maybe Archie needs to focus more on Furst. 

I've thought for sometime the order of likelihood to land the 3 elite talents in the 2021 class went 1) Kaufman 2) Lander 3) Furst.  So this doesn't sound great. 

37 minutes ago, Nesquik1 said:

Rivals just put out an article from a national that guys that said He expects the Kaufman re recruitment to come down to Xavier and Purdue. Maybe Archie needs to focus more on Furst. 

Maybe Rivals should update their list of schools that have offered Trey (like Louisville, Cincy, among others) and other schools showing interest (UK, Virginia, etc) before they make a prediction.

25 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Rivals has had Purdue as a likley landing spot for Kaufman for a while along with others. They´ve had IU and UVA as the leaders for Furst. So this isn´t really a knew prediction. The Xavier part is a little surprising though imo. 

Kaufman going to Purdue is a long shot at best.

UofL or IU....and I guess Xaiver.

Who else besides Rivals has Purdue????

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

247 hasn’t made any predictions yet. Why do you think it’s a long shot?

Because....     :)

Things change, these kids are just juniors, but IMO its a long shot at this point.

Purdue needs to cast a wide net for in state 2021 kids.

41 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Michigan is going to have a class of 10 in 2021 between Lander, Furst, and everyone else “rumored” to be Michigan leans.

You confusing Virgina with Michigan?

Top 30 players are going to agree to be walk-ons and play less than 10 minutes just to wear the Maize and Blue.

4 hours ago, Nesquik1 said:

Rivals also had Purdue as the favorites for Hunter Dickinson for the longest time, and he didn't even include them in his final 4.

Archived