Caleb Furst Commits to Purdue

cybergates

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Funny he probably was at Purdue only to visit watch MSU/Virginia lol...and then you guys steal the show. Congrats on the win...another impressive one. Not sure what to make of the team...as bad as we are right now with inconcistency but with last years success I think you would receive the benefit of the doubt come selection sunday.

Yep I honestly feel we have a better shot with Kaufman than Furst. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Feel good re Kaufman as things stand now. 

Unless it's all academics I would be shocked.  He is a 4 0 and Stanford has shown interest.  

Edit. Knowing friends, family, and coaches.  No decision has been made and no one knows.  This will be a very close to the cuff recruitment.  

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

So does Kaufman.  That's where I was going there.  Sounds like Kaufman hit his head pretty hard on something if he's seriously considering Turdoo.

I would encourage HSN to not be critical of Kaufman's decision process if we want to land him, even if it is in a joking manner.  

The decision will not be based strictly on basketball.  Negative fan interaction could be a factor.

40 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would encourage HSN to not be critical of Kaufman's decision process if we want to land him, even if it is in a joking manner.  

The decision will not be based strictly on basketball.  Negative fan interaction could be a factor.

I'd hope that my remarks wouldn't be taken too seriously. It's mostly hyperbole designed to bust Boiler's chops.

https://fortwaynesnbc.com/2020/01/15/d-1-coaches-come-for-the-show-homestead-versus-blackhawk/?fbclid=IwAR3E08bcaRSb0xAO8Jeh2BZKY_iHHSLIKKVrKMLtnGGkwi03Up6sotVrjNc

Highlights in the link. 

Furst with 25, Goode with 19. 

"UNC's Roy Williams, Illinois Head Coach Brad Underwood, Purdue's Matt Painter, Michigan State's Tom Izzo, and Purdue Fort Wayne's Jon Coffman were all at Blackhawk watching the Braves play Homestead."

4 hours ago, rico said:

According to WANE-TV, Furst with 25 but Blackhawk falls to Goode and Homestead.

Saw Underwood, Painter, Williams, Izzo, and Dane Fife.

I decided to back away from 21 recruiting for awhile. Can you or anyone give me the cliff notes on Furst. Which way is he leaning? Or are we prioritizing others?

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I decided to back away from 21 recruiting for awhile. Can you or anyone give me the cliff notes on Furst. Which way is he leaning? Or are we prioritizing others?

I really can't give you any help.  I hear tidbits from a friend at FW Carroll, and a few from friends at FW Homestead.  Caleb is being recruited hard nationwide.  Lots of offers on the table already...and lots is an understatement.  Coast to coast offers.  The kid can ball, and he is used to mixing it up with the "big boys".  Anybody would love to have him.  At one time I was told that Duke was his landing spot.  More recently I have heard Sparty.  Who knows?  He is a Junior, so ebbs and flows.

8 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

Has Archie made appearances to see these guys play?  Specifically Kaufman, Furst, and Lander?  

Archie watched Kaufman and Furst play against each other on December 14th.  Lander played in the game immediately before and Archie watched him play as well.

Archived