Caleb Furst Commits to Purdue

cybergates

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IU recruits on the EYBL circuit.  From Inside The Hall:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/05/15/an-in-depth-look-at-how-iu-targets-are-performing-on-the-eybl-circuit/

Caleb Furst – Indy Heat

One of the state’s top class of 2021 prospects, Furst is getting his first taste of 17U EYBL play this spring. And he’s more than passing the test statistically.

He’s averaging 14.6 points and 5.1 rebounds and has been efficient in doing so.

According to Open Look Analytics, his usage rate is the third highest on Indy Heat (23.1 percent) and his effective field goal percentage is 60.1 percent.

Along with Khristian Lander of Evansville Reitz, Furst has established himself as a clearcut priority for several midwest programs in the 2021 class.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Just my own opinion at current writing: I can see IU slow-playing/ walking away from this recruitment. The current roster construction and the prioritization of Kaufman leads me to believe that Furst won't end up being too serious about Indiana. 

Anyone who knows anything about Purdue's staff and has heard them speak about Furst... he is their clear #1 in this class. That said, some of the whispers on the EYBL circuit and from people who coach in the area are that he may end up going out of state. 

Best of luck to him! 

I agree, just hope it's not to Michigan State or Ohio State.

2 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Just my own opinion at current writing: I can see IU slow-playing/ walking away from this recruitment. The current roster construction and the prioritization of Kaufman leads me to believe that Furst won't end up being too serious about Indiana. 

Anyone who knows anything about Purdue's staff and has heard them speak about Furst... he is their clear #1 in this class. That said, some of the whispers on the EYBL circuit and from people who coach in the area are that he may end up going out of state. 

Best of luck to him! 

Coach, side note but do you know much about Ryan Kalkbrenner? I’m guessing he might decide before Hunter Dickinson and it could swing Purdue’s way now that Illinois is our. 

3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Best of luck to him! 

Purdue has Kaufmann coming in for an OV soon.

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

This is a kid that if we lost to the Toiletmakers just might push me over the edge

Don't see competition coming from them. If any, it will come from Louisville. I still believe from talk around the area, it is still pretty strongly an IU lean. Still early though.

Archived