Caleb Furst Commits to Purdue

cybergates

The ranking seems awfully generous on Goode.  Dead eye shooter with some height, and there’s considerable value to that, but having him in the top 100 seems bizarre.   Furthermore, just my opinion, but he doesn’t seem like he’s in the same stratosphere as JR Koneiczy as a prospect.  Someone could throw that back at me in a few years but I’m happy to go on a limb.

Who knows, maybe he goes somewhere like Iowa and becomes the second coming of Jeff Moe.  That’d measure up to a very nice career.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  

If a scholarship opened up in 2021 for IU where we’d have room, I’d be happy with him because of his size and shot.  

The next two classes look very fascinating as to how it all works out.  There’s a lot of prospects but only a few spots in those two classes.  

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The ranking seems awfully generous on Goode.  Dead eye shooter with some height, and there’s considerable value to that, but having him in the top 100 seems bizarre.   Furthermore, just my opinion, but he doesn’t seem like he’s in the same stratosphere as JR Koneiczy as a prospect.  Someone could throw that back at me in a few years but I’m happy to go on a limb.

Who knows, maybe he goes somewhere like Iowa and becomes the second coming of Jeff Moe.  That’d measure up to a very nice career.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  

If a scholarship opened up in 2021 for IU where we’d have room, I’d be happy with him because of his size and shot.  

The next two classes look very fascinating as to how it all works out.  There’s a lot of prospects but only a few spots in those two classes.  

Goode has 3 Big Ten offers, so teams are seeing something.  

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Agreed about JR...would have loved to had him. I might get murdered for this but I’d rather have Luke Brown then Luke Goode. Goode would get buried behind Armaan, Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo. At least Brown could back up the point and give us a little something different on the roster. A ball handler that can shoot and could back up Rob and Lander and buy time til we can develop him more physically for his junior and senior season. Again probably minority here. That said it doesn’t have to be another Indiana kid we can go outside the state like we did with Jordan. Lander, Kaufman and Furst however are the gems of the class at home.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Agreed about JR...would have loved to had him. I might get murdered for this but I’d rather have Luke Brown then Luke Goode. Goode would get buried behind Armaan, Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo. At least Brown could back up the point and give us a little something different on the roster. A ball handler that can shoot and could back up Rob and Lander and buy time til we can develop him more physically for his junior and senior season. Again probably minority here. That said it doesn’t have to be another Indiana kid we can go outside the state like we did with Jordan. Lander, Kaufman and Furst however are the gems of the class at home.

Well to your point about Goode and Brown. The only thing that separates the two is about 4 inches. I would agree on overall skill set though.

3 hours ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I'd rather have Garcia in 2020 to be honest. Maybe the same team could get both, but I doubt it.

We have room for all 3 of Furst, Garcia, and Kaufman honestly if Furst would play the 5. We can stagger them especially if Trayce and Garcia end up being 2 and done or something. Look at Kentucky they have 5*s coming off the bench and playing 10 mins a night. One thing about bigs is they don’t need or are even likely to play 30 mins a night. You get them 20-25 and that is plenty...especially if they are fed the ball. From fouls to just keeping them fresh the don’t need or expect to play as many minutes as say a guard or wing.

That said it’s crazy to think we land all 3. Any 2 of the 3 though would be epic!

Getting back to my rant about IU not devoting enough attention to NE Indiana.....🤨

The University of St. Francis is having their fall kickoff event up here. Besides promoting the university, they will be honoring Blackhawk Christian's state champion basketball team from last year. Of course, Furst will be in attendance.

Guest of honor, and keynote speaker....of course, Pork Chop. I am sure this will allow him to spend some time with the kid without it counting as any kind of visit, as he is there on the bequest of USF.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KDB said:

Archie will be in to see him today, along with assistants from Iowa and Northwestern. 

Per Jake Weingarten

So are the out of state schools only sending assistants because they feel they are a long shot?  

Good to see Archie here, but I suspect this is one Turdue goes all-in on.  They have a geography advantage as well.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

So are the out of state schools only sending assistants because they feel they are a long shot?  

Good to see Archie here, but I suspect this is one Turdue goes all-in on.  They have a geography advantage as well.

Iowa should always send an assistant, especially if it is an in-home.  Can you imagine the scene Frannie Mac would make if something upset him?  Not a mom in the world that would let their baby boy experience Francon 1.

Image result for fran mccaffery angry

I spoke to someone a week ago who is well connected to Furst.

He told me that it is not a foregone conclusion that Caleb stays in state, or even in the area for that matter. He said that if Duke comes calling, Caleb is gone, and that the family also really likes Tony Bennett (given Bennett's open Christian faith and the school Furst attends, that makes sense). He said that IU is not out of the picture, and Purdue isn't the clear cut local favorite, but also sounds like an ACC commitment wouldn't be surprising.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Iowa should always send an assistant, especially if it is an in-home.  Can you imagine the scene Frannie Mac would make if something upset him?  Not a mom in the world that would let their baby boy experience Francon 1.

Image result for fran mccaffery angry

Thank you for posting this again.  I have posted it before as have others.  It can never be posted enough.  I can't put into words how much I love the Francon meter.  I hope Fran never leaves Iowa.  

Archived