Caleb Furst Commits to Purdue

cybergates

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I spoke to someone a week ago who is well connected to Furst.

He told me that it is not a foregone conclusion that Caleb stays in state, or even in the area for that matter. He said that if Duke comes calling, Caleb is gone, and that the family also really likes Tony Bennett (given Bennett's open Christian faith and the school Furst attends, that makes sense). He said that IU is not out of the picture, and Purdue isn't the clear cut local favorite, but also sounds like an ACC commitment wouldn't be surprising.

All if this makes total sense...but my "Fort Wayne Insider" tells me not to count Notre Dame out.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, rico said:

All if this makes total sense...but my "Fort Wayne Insider" tells me not to count Notre Dame out.

That would make a lot of sense. They play an ACC schedule and stay close to home...best of both worlds if you want that kind of exposure. Some kids just want to get away and in this case he would get to do both..stay and get away.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, KDB said:

Corey Evans said it seems to be more of a battle between IU and Virginia for Furst.

That's a huge team to overcome but wow I didn't think we were even really that highly considered! Can't imagine how big a get to land him and our other Indiana targets.

4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Wow, I haven’t heard anything that positive about Caleb in a long time as far as being a Hoosier.  Hope this is true!!

from the post above that said UV and IU are his front runners.

Have you heard anything about Kaufmann?  I wonder how serious UK is with him.

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I was told the staff isn't very high on Furst. Hence the push for Garcia, Patterson, and Kaufman.

But Corey Evans says it's a race between us and UVA for him so who knows.

I think the Furst stuff is a little bit speculation more than fact. 

On 11/22/2019 at 6:44 AM, GrangerHoosier said:

I was told the staff isn't very high on Furst. Hence the push for Garcia, Patterson, and Kaufman.

But Corey Evans says it's a race between us and UVA for him so who knows.

Well if he is only interested in playing the 4...then I could see us prioritizing the others over him. However if he is willing to play the 5 (a desperate need) then honestly he is right up there.

Archived