Jump to content

Jack Tuttle in transfer portal


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sorry, I guess Jack is staying through the end of the year. Not sure why this made the news or is in the news, but no real issue with that. I jumped the gun/didn't read the article. 

I saw where he is a team captain?  Is this the kind of move a Captain would make?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I saw where he is a team captain?  Is this the kind of move a Captain would make?

Absolutely not the move of a leader to do this midseason, but I get his frustration.  If he and Bazelak were truly 50/50 as Allen said, how does Tuttle never get at least a few series?

Connor has struggled mightily with decision making and throwing high. Pass protection has been putrid, so I'll cut him a little slack, but his past statistics show this is pretty much his normal. We know what Connor brings, and it's not working this season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sorry, I guess Jack is staying through the end of the year. Not sure why this made the news or is in the news, but no real issue with that. I jumped the gun/didn't read the article. 

I’m not sure that’s correct but I am not 100% on this one.  I think we could see him suited up for another team this year.

It is all going to depend on calendars of when semesters start and finish.  It would have to be a school on trimesters through spring and fall or quarters for the year.  Also would depend on the program he gets into and that calendar for that program.  For example, even at IU there are multiple semester options depending on program and type of student.

Unless there is a rule I am unaware of where he can’t start on one team and then play for another.  Also not sure what his eligibility looks like, to get a full year in he may have to limit his games to 4 this year.  It’s a web of questions that hurts my brain.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I’m not sure that’s correct but I am not 100% on this one.  I think we could see him suited up for another team this year.

It is all going to depend on calendars of when semesters start and finish.  It would have to be a school on trimesters through spring and fall or quarters for the year.  Also would depend on the program he gets into and that calendar for that program.  For example, even at IU there are multiple semester options depending on program and type of student.

Unless there is a rule I am unaware of where he can’t start on one team and then play for another.  Also not sure what his eligibility looks like, to get a full year in he may have to limit his games to 4 this year.  It’s a web of questions that hurts my brain.

 

He's likely staying with the team and then transferring. He won't end up playing in 4 games to burn a year so he'll still have a year of eligibility moving forward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IUskim said:

"I love my teammates, I really do. I love Bloomington, and I love my school, but that's really it. 

Anything missing on this list?

Tuttle took the majority of No. 1 reps in camp and thought he was going to be the starting quarterback heading into the season. But Indiana coach Tom Allen and offensive coordinator Walt Bell instead announced that Bazelak would start just prior to the season opener.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

"I love my teammates, I really do. I love Bloomington, and I love my school, but that's really it. 

Anything missing on this list?

Tuttle took the majority of No. 1 reps in camp and thought he was going to be the starting quarterback heading into the season. But Indiana coach Tom Allen and offensive coordinator Walt Bell instead announced that Bazelak would start just prior to the season opener.

 

LEO - Allen = Portal

Edited by jv1972iu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rico said:

This board would go ballistic if Jack ends up as a starter on a bowl team next year.

I hope this happens. For sure he won't be on a bowl team this year or next if he stays and with the ineptness on the team and coaching staff I would get the heck out of town too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I hope this happens. For sure he won't be on a bowl team this year or next if he stays and with the ineptness on the team and coaching staff I would get the heck out of town too!

It will be interesting to see where he ends up and what he does there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I hope this happens. For sure he won't be on a bowl team this year or next if he stays and with the ineptness on the team and coaching staff I would get the heck out of town too!

Not playing behind this OL this year was the best thing that could happen to him. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

As far as the backup moving forward it was likely in the best interest of the program moving forward to play Williams rather than Tuttle if there's an injury to Bazelak. 

Even before this official announcement I was wondering who would go in if CB got hurt.  I think now it’s a definite it will be Williams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

He's likely staying with the team and then transferring. He won't end up playing in 4 games to burn a year so he'll still have a year of eligibility moving forward. 

 

3 hours ago, IUskim said:

Thanks for the article I had not seen one outline what I was alluding too earlier.  I knew his program was on quarters so figured he had to leave now to make it work for the exact reason stated in the article.  I am not surprised at all by him staying, from what I have been told that’s the kind of teammate he is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

 

Thanks for the article I had not seen one outline what I was alluding too earlier.  I knew his program was on quarters so figured he had to leave now to make it work for the exact reason stated in the article.  I am not surprised at all by him staying, from what I have been told that’s the kind of teammate he is.

The timing makes more sense based on his academic schedule.  The dynamic in the qb room has to be pretty interesting now with Tuttle and the coaches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...