IU #13 In Preseason AP Poll

KDB

I'm generally happy with a #13 ranking.  But, honestly, rankings dont matter much to me.  I'm not a 'big picture' kind of person.  Every game is it's own little 'war' in my opinion.

If we win, I'm going to be happy.  If we lose I'm not.  At the start of every week, I would be happier unranked and beating Directional State than I would be ranked in the Top 5 and losing to Kansas.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm generally happy with a #13 ranking.  But, honestly, rankings dont matter much to me.  I'm not a 'big picture' kind of person.  Every game is it's own little 'war' in my opinion.

If we win, I'm going to be happy.  If we lose I'm not.  At the start of every week, I would be happier unranked and beating Directional State than I would be ranked in the Top 5 and losing to Kansas.

Being ranked in the top 5 means you have a really good team. Being unranked means you have no expectations. I prefer high expectations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Of course you would, Montana St.!  lol

32 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Being ranked in the top 5 means you have a really good team. Being unranked means you have no expectations. I prefer high expectations.

UK was preseason Top 5 a couple of years ago and missed the tournament.

And, I think that year we beat both UNC and Kansas in the pre-conference slate, we worked our way up close to, if not into, the Top 5, and we missed the tournament.

Every game is opportunity won or opportunity lost.  Everything else is window dressing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

UK was preseason Top 5 a couple of years ago and missed the tournament.

And, I think that year we beat both UNC and Kansas in the pre-conference slate, we worked our way up close to, if not into, the Top 5, and we missed the tournament.

Every game is opportunity won or opportunity lost.  Everything else is window dressing.

The '84-'85 season for us was abysmal for us as well.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I’ve never even heard of Directional State

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I looked it up.  In the 2016-2017 season, we were preseason #11, made it up to #3 after beating UNC and Kansas, and finished the year 18-16 after losing in the first round of the NIT.

#Results over #Expectations every single time.

I don't feel like you are being genuine here.

You would prefer IU being unranked, middle of the pack B1G team, on the NCAA bubble beating a Directional School versus being a conference favorite, single digit ranked, and a top 3 seed in NCAA tournament?

I also feel this is opposite of your marriage history - Your Expectations have been too high, and your results have been sh!t. :coffee:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, IUaic said:

I don't feel like you are being genuine here.

You would prefer IU being unranked, middle of the pack B1G team, on the NCAA bubble beating a Directional School versus being a conference favorite, single digit ranked, and a top 3 seed in NCAA tournament?

I also feel this is opposite of your marriage history - Your Expectations have been too high, and your results have been sh!t. :coffee:

That's not what I said.  What I said is that I am happy with every win and upset with every loss.  Basically, I'm not going to be totally happy with anything less than 40-0.

But, as far as rankings are concerned, let me explain it this way.  In December, I would rather be ranked 10th with a record of 11-0 than be ranked 4th with a record of 10-1.  

If we're 10-1, that means I was pissed off at one time during the season.

• Thanks 1