IU #13 In Preseason AP Poll

KDB

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I realize that Bob Kravitz is entitled to his opinion, but when he tweeted that he must have been high.

Not trying be mean but I have seen him on Jim Coyles show and sometimes he couldn't keep his eyes open.  It sounded like his speech was slurred and seemed out of it.

This ranking feels right. We have a lot, if not all, of the elements you’d look for in an elite team. Shooting is the only question mark IMO and I’m of the mindset that it’s an overstated concern to begin with, but we have a lot of guys who could step up as a shooter and we really only need 1-2 of the.  X and Race showed they can hit ~40% over an extended number of games, Kopp has done that at points in his career, I expect JHS to hit mid 30s but more importantly be a guy that can hit them when it matters, and I’d like to think Bates breaks out. 

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

This ranking feels right. We have a lot, if not all, of the elements you’d look for in an elite team. Shooting is the only question mark IMO and I’m of the mindset that it’s an overstated concern to begin with, but we have a lot of guys who could step up as a shooter and we really only need 1-2 of the.  X and Race showed they can hit ~40% over an extended number of games, Kopp has done that at points in his career, I expect JHS to hit mid 30s but more importantly be a guy that can hit them when it matters, and I’d like to think Bates breaks out. 

While I don't think it's an overstated concern, I think we were a much better shooting team near the end of the season vs when it began last year.

I also think we will be even better in that metric this year. 

I think Kopp in particular will see a good lift because he's going to have a lot more spot up opportunities this year than he did last year.

• Like 3

KenPom has us at 12.  I find it humerous that certain writers are calling our 13th ranking in polls "extremely generous".   Just an objective look at our previous season and returning minutes/scoring should place us near where we are. 

Let's face it...that's how media and the internet works.  If the same writer says..."I'm not as comfortable putting them that high, so I put them at 20 until I see someone who can hit an outside shot" then none of us are clicking on the article.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Darko over Wade, Melo, and Bosh.

In my 35 or so years of being a college basketball fan, I've never seen a player coming out of school that was more of a sure-fire all-star than Carmelo was. Darko's ceiling was Melo's floor. Darko's floor was what we saw. Unbelievable that Joe D. made that pick. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...