IU #13 In Preseason AP Poll

KDB

2 hours ago, KDB said:

IU up a spot to #12 in this weeks poll.

So are the women. 

Oddly enough... it was Tennessee losing in both mens and womens that gave us the ability to move up a spot. (because the voters are lazy and don't actually watch games and see how teams play). 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Let's see the Hoosiers beat Xavier on the road....

I'm in a debating mood today, so I'm not going to let the old reliable comment about IU's lack of road success to slip by.

- For starters, while I'm not a basketball savant, even I can clearly see this IU team is different.  Will we win every road game?  No.  But the 'win on road' argument will be set aside early in this season.

- Does anyone ever use the road argument against UK, UNC, Villanova, or, hell, Purdue? (Wait, are hell and Purdue redundant?)?

- It's way too early in the season for the 'win on road' thing to be a meaningful argument against a team.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Do you think we won't?

I do think we win…and by a lot. But there’s always that 1-2 percent chance we don’t. Rather play the game first and not overlook them. 

Not saying it will happen…but I could see it being a closer game than expected in the first half due to a “letdown” after the Xavier game. Old IU teams would allow that after a nice win…I’m hopeful that won’t happen here. I think this team is different. 

i would think #10 worst case scenario.  UCLA/Baylor play each other and each already have a loss each.  same with KY/Gonzaga.  i guess they could jump MSU or the winner of Illinois/VA in front of us, but that would be pretty crappy.  i mean we could jump Duke as well or even the winners of those other two matchups.  at the end of the day, there will be 5 teams ranked #2-8 with at least 1 loss when we entered #12 and haven't lost.  i don't know, but i love having a # by INDIANA again, and would really love to see us inside the top 10 going into the UNC game.

• Like 3