IU #13 In Preseason AP Poll

KDB

27 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Seth Davis had Purdue #1 and IU #16 on this weeks ballot. WTF?

The writeup was worse. He was critical of our schedule, wondering why we weren't playing anywhere over Thanksgiving, with no acknowledgement that we have UNC, Arizona and Kansas coming up in our next five games. He dropped us three spots after the Xavier win because he said he still didn't trust our point guard play, after XJ went for 23/7 but only had two assists.

There's a segment of the media that's grown accustomed to thinking of Indiana as the punchline to some joke. Seth Davis is absolutely among that group. And to be fair, for much of the last decade we've been more of a meme factory than a blueblood contender. I'm looking forward to that changing, to becoming a program you keep ranking highly because they're just always there. I'm hoping we make a statement tomorrow night, but that's the shame of UNC falling from #1 and Bacot being injured. Now there's a story Seth and others can tell to say our win wasn't impressive because it was expected. So let's knock off Arizona and Kansas, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

The writeup was worse. He was critical of our schedule, wondering why we weren't playing anywhere over Thanksgiving, with no acknowledgement that we have UNC, Arizona and Kansas coming up in our next five games. He dropped us three spots after the Xavier win because he said he still didn't trust our point guard play, after XJ went for 23/7 but only had two assists.

There's a segment of the media that's grown accustomed to thinking of Indiana as the punchline to some joke. Seth Davis is absolutely among that group. And to be fair, for much of the last decade we've been more of a meme factory than a blueblood contender. I'm looking forward to that changing, to becoming a program you keep ranking highly because they're just always there. I'm hoping we make a statement tomorrow night, but that's the shame of UNC falling from #1 and Bacot being injured. Now there's a story Seth and others can tell to say our win wasn't impressive because it was expected. So let's knock off Arizona and Kansas, too.

Maybe not Seth Davis, because he's too young, but some are still salty about the way Coach Knight treated the press...

Coach Woodson really isn't that much different...he's more subtle, but about half of the questions you can tell irk him...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe not Seth Davis, because he's too young, but some are still salty about the way Coach Knight treated the press...

Coach Woodson really isn't that much different...he's more subtle, but about half of the questions you can tell irk him...

There are a fair amount of stupid questions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

the polls clearly focus way more on who you have beaten than your record.  not saying right or wrong, but it seems way more focused on that than college basketball used to.  probably more accurate and more legit i guess.  man we need to win this tonight.  

I wonder how far we fall after tonight?  IU  wins and drop in the polls! 😏

• Like 1