Recruiting

Mike

44 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not a post in 5 days on any recruit.Must not be much happening for Indiana.

Pretty much expected after Page commitment to USC. Pretty much done on 23 class and will wait for the portal in the spring.  Most of the recruiting now is for the 24 and 25 class and those classes won't be making decisions for awhile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I would hope our staff is focusing on preparing our current players for the season. 

Recruiting is year-round. Sure there's different times of year where there's more emphasis, but coaches are always messaging kids, lining up visits, talking with high school/AAU coaches, other influencers. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PNWHoosier said:

Recruiting is year-round. Sure there's different times of year where there's more emphasis, but coaches are always messaging kids, lining up visits, talking with high school/AAU coaches, other influencers. 

I understand that. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 7:31 PM, PNWHoosier said:

So, should we expect someone to make a post on HSN every time a coach sends a text to a recruit.  Bottom line is Mike came on here to troll like he always does when he finds an angle, and @btownqb called his bluff.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

So, should we expect someone to make a post on HSN every time a coach sends a text to a recruit.  Bottom line is Mike came on here to troll like he always does when he finds an angle, and @btownqb called his bluff.  

And in all honesty, some of us could post an absurd amount of Twitter articles, etc. that would make it seem like there is DAILY recruiting news, when there actually isn't. Recruiting isn't the stock market. It doesn't have hourly, daily updates. Insane to believe otherwise. 

It was the whole "there has been 5 whole days without a post on the recruiting board, so I will auto assume Woodson isn't doing his job" part that was annoying, right? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And in all honesty, some of us could post an absurd amount of Twitter articles, etc. that would make it seem like there is DAILY recruiting news, when there actually isn't. Recruiting isn't the stock market. It doesn't have hourly, daily updates. Insane to believe otherwise. 

It was the whole "there has been 5 whole days without a post on the recruiting board, so I will auto assume Woodson isn't doing his job" part that was annoying, right? 

Let's also be honest in that most of the recruiting updates that are out there are simply just writers that need to get content posted, there aren't really any actual updates. 

These kids aren't changing their minds daily and updating reporters all the time. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Looks like the staff was busy recruiting this weekend!Woodson had a meeting with Sisley!Newell was on campus for visit.

So, that didn't just come out of thin air, right? There HAD to be conversations whether it be with Woodson, an asst coach, or Hulls about transportation, hotels, etc. Everything. 

I just haven't seen any evidence to be upset. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

So, that didn't just come out of thin air, right? There HAD to be conversations whether it be with Woodson, an asst coach, or Hulls about transportation, hotels, etc. Everything. 

This update says Newell hears from IU coaches daily.

https://www.on3.com/news/asa-newell-updates-his-recruitment-talks-visits/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Those two players would be great to land!

• 1 month later...