IUBB 22/‘23

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I should start a company where you open an account and pay for a package that has how many free trials you want.  You pick where and I manage the free trials by creating new emails for them and I send to your primary email each month the login and password for the free trial. 

How do I get a free trial of BTN+?

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

How do I get a free trial of BTN+?

Ideally I would make enough money to buy the BTN and offer it free to IU fans who could show they attended/graduated IU or those who could answer an IU trivia question only those deserving of free BTN could answer. Such as, who is the only IU basketball player to record a triple double?

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2022 at 10:08 AM, IUFLA said:

Something I just thought about...

1972-73 IU had a 2nd year coach that had improved IU and had modest success his first year by preaching defense first

2022-23 IU has a second year coach that improved IU and had modest success his first year by preaching defense first

In 1972-73 IU had a highly rated freshman point guard 

In 2022-23 IU has a highly rated freshman point guard 

In 1972-73 IU had a Senior All-American candidate at center 

In 2022-23 IU has a Senior All-American candidate at center  

50 years ago, the 1972-73 IU team won the Big 10 Championship and went to the NCAA Final 4...

Just sayin'

Thats a tall order... but hey maybe ill poop today! 😀

Jordan Geronimo article from Inside The Hall.  He wants to play the 3. 

The author wrote:

"Confidence and a positive attitude can easily translate into improved skills."   Ugh.  Here we go again with someone who thinks a player "just needs more confidence" and he'll suddenly, magically, shoot better. 

A better plan is improved skills, which may lead to confidence.  Anyway, here it is:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2022/10/25/2022-23-indiana-basketball-player-profile-jordan-geronimo/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Confidence comes from results 

results usually come from hard work and practice 

we all see the incredible athleticism but little production 

Geronimo had the 4th highest PER on the team last season, by a significant margin, behind only TJD, Race, and XJ.

It's fair to say he is blocked by TJD and Race, but unfair to say he wasn't productive.

• Like 1

Okay.  Time for one of those annual stat projection topics.

If we concede that TJD leads the team in scoring, who is 2-5 and how many of them average double figures.

For scorers 2 through 5, I'll go in order: XJ, Race, Bates, and JHS. 

TJD, XJ and Race will be the only ones to average double figures.

Edited by 5fouls

2 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Jordan Geronimo article from Inside The Hall.  He wants to play the 3. 

The author wrote:

"Confidence and a positive attitude can easily translate into improved skills."   Ugh.  Here we go again with someone who thinks a player "just needs more confidence" and he'll suddenly, magically, shoot better. 

A better plan is improved skills, which may lead to confidence.  Anyway, here it is:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2022/10/25/2022-23-indiana-basketball-player-profile-jordan-geronimo/

I do think there's a codependency there...

Reggie Miller had one of the uglier shots you'll ever see, but he practiced it enough and was confident enough in the outcome that he was a great shooter, even without textbook form... 

So while I always say "form , repetition, confidence" there are situations where the "form" doesn't have to be classic...just comfortable... 

Not sure there's a replacement for the other 2... 

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

If we concede that TJD leads the team in scoring, who is 2-5 and how many of them average double figures.

I'm one that thinks Race may see a dent in his minutes.   I've  pointed out his shooting 40% from 3 over the last 12 or so games and that bodes well for playing big if he can remain consistent.  However, interestly the last 5 games of the season his minutes we down and Jordan's went up.  Race from 28 on the season to 24.  And Jordan's 12 to 16.  

Not to mention iirc, during crunch time going small with Kopp at the 4 and Race on the bench.

And stud freshman, Malik Reneau is going to eat, right out of the gate.  If rumors are true, we have 2 starting 5s.  The 2nd team has already beaten the 1st team once.  I pray for the chemistry and team happiness and enthusiasm to be high.  Just pile up wins and all should be well.  

I'm more worried about wing scoring than how the big scoring and minutes play out though.  Haven't  we been rated the 2nd best frontcourt in the nation?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Geronimo had the 4th highest PER on the team last season, by a significant margin, behind only TJD, Race, and XJ.

It's fair to say he is blocked by TJD and Race, but unfair to say he wasn't productive.

He was not productive at the 3. 

It's also fair to question if he is as good as Malik Reneau as a backup to Trayce and Race, not just because of their abilities to produce but also the ability of the team to play through JG vs MR. 

I don't know what type of role Geronimo has on this team, but I'm glad he's on it and think he has a lot of potential. There are probably about 8 guys on this team I feel more comfortable saying what their role likely will be than I do with JG, though. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I would go the same 5, but in a different order: TJD, X, JHS, Bates, Race, MR, Kopp, Galloway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Huntnfreak said:

Does anyone know what time the exhibition game starts on Saturday? Will it be broadcasted on Big Ten +?

Thanks!

Exhibition games

Oct. 29 (Saturday): Marian (Ind.) at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: 3 p.m. on BTN-Plus

Nov. 3 (Thursday): St. Francis (Ind.) at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: 7 p.m. on BTN-Plus

November games

Nov. 7 (Monday): Morehead State at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: 7 p.m.; TV: BTN-Plus

Nov. 10 (Thursday): Bethune Cookman at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: 8:30 p.m.; TV: BTN

Nov. 18 (Friday): Gavitt Games — Indiana at Xavier in Cincinnati, Ohio: Time: 6 p.m. on FOX Sports 1

Nov. 20 (Sunday): Hoosier Classic — Miami of Ohio vs. Indiana at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Ind. Time: 5:30 p.m.; TV: BTN

Nov. 23 (Wednesday): Hoosier Classic — Little Rock at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: 6:30 p.m.; TV: BTN

Nov. 25 (Friday): Hoosier Classic — Jackson State at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: 12:30 p.m.; TV: BTN

Nov. 30 (Wednesday): Big Ten/ACC Challenge — North Carolina at Indiana in Bloomington, Ind. Time: 9:15 p.m.; TV: ESPN

• Thanks 1

If Geronimo learns how to defend on the perimeter he can play the 3 and 4. That will get him minutes. If he doesn’t he won’t get that many minutes. He has a nice 10 ft jump shoot and should have worked on his 3pt shot over the summer. If can defend wing players he becomes dangerous because if size and wing span for opposing teams 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

If Geronimo learns how to defend on the perimeter he can play the 3 and 4. That will get him minutes. If he doesn’t he won’t get that many minutes. He has a nice 10 ft jump shoot and should have worked on his 3pt shot over the summer. If can defend wing players he becomes dangerous because if size and wing span for opposing teams 

Yeah, geesh if Watford can shut down a Trey Burke then surely Geronimo can guard a college 2/3. 

7 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Does anyone know if the game will be replayed Sunday on the BIG network so I don’t have to pay for BTN+??

I don't see it scheduled on YTTV. I have the DVR set to record all IU Basketball games, and it's not on that schedule either... 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Does anyone know if the game will be replayed Sunday on the BIG network so I don’t have to pay for BTN+??

Most of them end up on some sort of replay, but maybe not this one.  I am good with waiting and/or missing an early game rather than paying for a crappy product and I haven't heard much good re BTN+.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1